Blue Mountains riding

orco

Likes Bikes
i usually ride the Oaks-Glenbrook trail too. Will be heading there again for Easter so cant wait. One question though, does anyone know if you can ride to the Jellybean pool off that trail?

davef

Likes Bikes
yep, Friday morn is good for me, ride Winmalee trails
what time?
I'm staying in Leura so would take at least 45 mins to get to winmalee, we have to check out at 10 so wouldn't have time to get there, ride and get back and pack up by 10. Sorry mate I could do an early one up here?

davef

Likes Bikes
Lockyer Trail

Hey guys thanks for all the advice so rode some great trails over the last few days, a semi secret one that some locals were kind enough to show me, and then Lockyers today= epic, fast flowy, couple of techy bits super fun.
Cheers
Dave

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
I'm staying in Leura so would take at least 45 mins to get to winmalee, we have to check out at 10 so wouldn't have time to get there, ride and get back and pack up by 10. Sorry mate I could do an early one up here?
have you riden the trails at Leura? 100% singletrack, couple of shortsh trail loops

i could go for that

glad you like Mt Vic, good trail, how did you go on the collapsed stairs?
watch out for thems locals, some have 6 fingers on one hand, some only have 6 fingers between them, some own coffee shops in Leura.........

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
i usually ride the Oaks-Glenbrook trail too. Will be heading there again for Easter so cant wait. One question though, does anyone know if you can ride to the Jellybean pool off that trail?
no, well not all of it, and none of it officially

there are a few other bits of trail in there though

BM Epic

Eats Squid
no, well not all of it, and none of it officially

there are a few other bits of trail in there though
How is deliverance, havent ridden for 5 weeks since i finished the track?
Will come out with you one day, i now own a black hilux...oh yeah!

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
breaking in well, some really nice bits, all good apart from the stupid sandcastle berms!! there's one which is't even close to the race line which ever way you go on it
the fault line is back to being a bit gnarly, most of the fill had washed out, good line

the run to the old creak jump down by the grotto is fecked, and the twin tree trunk bridge has gone
may be need a single track in the high level by the side of the track?

davef

Likes Bikes
have you riden the trails at Leura? 100% singletrack, couple of shortsh trail loops

i could go for that

glad you like Mt Vic, good trail, how did you go on the collapsed stairs?
watch out for thems locals, some have 6 fingers on one hand, some only have 6 fingers between them, some own coffee shops in Leura.........
Yeah mate ridden leura, keen for an early one there. Yeah stairs were fun, came in a bit fast first run got my line a bit wrong, second run nailed it. What time can u get up here?

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Yeah mate ridden leura, keen for an early one there. Yeah stairs were fun, came in a bit fast first run got my line a bit wrong, second run nailed it. What time can u get up here?
wait till you do it n a night ride!!

anytime is good
meet 8 - 8:30 on the main fire road parking spot?
i'lbe in a maroon Navara, riding an orange Orange

let me know, will check 'burn later

mrx78u

Likes Dirt
Currently wearing a scar on my arm from those stairs... too much front brake... Gumby

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
just riden 'Lee trails, nice

whoever removed the small waterbar and built that massive sandcastle at the bottom of the fire road is nothing but a fucking retard

the recent rains have washed tons of sand down his stupid line and made a massive hole at the stupid sandcastle berm

dickhead!

Todd, if you want to go up there some time and flatten the whole thing and replace the mid water bar/water spill give me a call

BM Epic

Eats Squid
just riden 'Lee trails, nice

whoever removed the small waterbar and built that massive sandcastle at the bottom of the fire road is nothing but a fucking retard

the recent rains have washed tons of sand down his stupid line and made a massive hole at the stupid sandcastle berm

dickhead!

Todd, if you want to go up there some time and flatten the whole thing and replace the mid water bar/water spill give me a call
I will give you one guess who that is, same bloke who berms everything, only built one decent berm, the rest are useless, he refuses to go elsewhere, says he will build on our stuff and nothing we can do about it, we almost came to blows last year over it, he does not build any track, just builds berms on your track, he has been telling all the firies in penrith that he built deliverance and grotto run and fall line???..news to me though, i will give you a call and we can head up there and sort a heap of stuff out!

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Davef, you'll find the tracks in Hartley Vale which link up the Mt York descent to the climb back out will be like swamp after all this rain. Have ridden there days after rain, and been up to the derailleur in mud, not good.
Berghoffers and Lockyers will be good. Bottom of Lawsons and Coxes Ok for the most part but boggy in spots. so a good option is park at the bottom of Mt Vic pass, Ride up Berghoffers then out to the Stairs on Lockyers and reverse.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Berghoffers and Lockyers will be good. Bottom of Lawsons and Coxes Ok for the most part but boggy in spots. so a good option is park at the bottom of Mt Vic pass, Ride up Berghoffers then out to the Stairs on Lockyers and reverse.
One of the great rides, i still get excited riding this place!

orco

Likes Bikes
Been riding the trails in the blue mountains this week and loving it. So much groomed single track. Make sure to check it out if you ever head up this way.

Last edited: