Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

GOD12A

Likes Dirt
Heya all :)

If their are any secret rides happening in the mountains (or otherwise), please drop me a PM!!
I need somewhere to ride on Saturday 11th April and Tuesday 14th April :p

Looking for a bit of a training run, so i dont mind pushing it.

Mark :)

mtb1611

Seymour
Ben ... I find Tuesdays are prolly the best for most of the peeps ... but Mark (Mog) and Rodd (NSM) seem to ride every bloody day :p ... Best to just pick a day you can get up there and tag along to where ever they haven't ridden recently ... still haven't managed to get to Mt York
Cool...count me in for a ride on Tues 21st then, I don't mind where!

rockydog

Likes Dirt
Hello folks...I'm back from the odd beyond, with more time on my hands than can possibly be healthy, so I'll be keeping an eye out for rides.

Certain person has been nagging me about Katoomba to Blackheath trails.
So here is a ride proposal;

WhenAny morning from this Thursday 16th to Sunday 19th
WhereKatoomba to Blackheath. Possibly also return.
What Lots of sly singletrack,some steps, sticks, drops, a tiny bit of bitumen...everything really. Not really well known stuff.
WhoAnybody really. Prefer a small group.
Meet Katoomba, near Narrowneck

Post up if you're interested & I'll fix a date & time.
cheers

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hello folks...I'm back from the odd beyond, with more time on my hands than can possibly be healthy, so I'll be keeping an eye out for rides.

Certain person has been nagging me about Katoomba to Blackheath trails.
So here is a ride proposal;

WhenAny morning from this Thursday 16th to Sunday 19th
WhereKatoomba to Blackheath. Possibly also return.
What Lots of sly singletrack,some steps, sticks, drops, a tiny bit of bitumen...everything really. Not really well known stuff.
WhoAnybody really. Prefer a small group.
Meet Katoomba, near Narrowneck

Post up if you're interested & I'll fix a date & time.
cheers
Yeah that certain person is a dickhead, I know him well. :)

I'll be in.. how 'bout Thursday morning... a super early start would probably be best for me.

You think this is SS ok or you doing it on your duallie... I ask because my Trance is out of action till I get a new BB.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Anybody from round here want to come to Manly Dam on Monday, Myself and mtbasn are definite's at the moment, will figure out a time on sunday morning, but i dare say an early start from here!...Tuesday may be an excursion to Appin if all is well!
Let me know if you want in, i have room for 1 more bike and i would say bushpilot will probably want to come!
Mr Bushpilot is in..Yeehah!

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody from round here want to come to Manly Dam on Monday, Myself and mtbasn are definite's at the moment, will figure out a time on sunday morning, but i dare say an early start from here!...Tuesday may be an excursion to Appin if all is well!
Let me know if you want in, i have room for 1 more bike and i would say bushpilot will probably want to come!

Can't do Monday unfortunately... BBQ stuff and all. Darn... also no suitable bike. Hopefully you like it and go again. :)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Does this mean you are employed now?
Just got a TXT from the Boss ... its a yes and no answer ... I apparently start Thursday (start day number 5) ... but every man and his dog has now approved my contract (hopefully get it wednesday) ... so as close as its gotten so far I guess

Soooooo ... potentially one more attempt at Mt York on Tuesday ... or anywhere up there really ... I'll confirm Monday night.

If its more down then up and a tech-fest then I'll bring the bullit ... have a think

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got a TXT from the Boss ... its a yes and no answer ... I apparently start Thursday (start day number 5) ... but every man and his dog has now approved my contract (hopefully get it wednesday) ... so as close as its gotten so far I guess

Soooooo ... potentially one more attempt at Mt York on Tuesday ... or anywhere up there really ... I'll confirm Monday night.

If its more down then up and a tech-fest then I'll bring the bullit ... have a think
Well I guess that is good... good to have money, but does stuff up your bike riding :)

If we go Mt York I will be on the single speed (will be a few days till I get my new bottom bracket for the trance) so the bullit would match me well.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Ahhh..Bushpilot, mtbasn and BM Epic are heading to the 6ft track on sunday if anybody would like to come, one of the great rides so....
Probably meet at 9.30 am at the gates to the track, let us know!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Ahhh..Bushpilot, mtbasn and BM Epic are heading to the 6ft track on sunday if anybody would like to come, one of the great rides so....
Probably meet at 9.30 am at the gates to the track, let us know!
Do you mean from jenolan end? Katoomba end, or Coxs river road gate(where I took you from)?

rockydog

Likes Dirt
blackheath-medlow-katoomba

I'll be in.. how 'bout Thursday morning... a super early start would probably be best for me.
Thursday, sure why not.
I'll probably be SSing, but it would be fine on a bigger bike...some silliness available. Can tailor the route a little.
One small warning...may be overgrown sections. Scratches possible.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
blackheath-medlow-katoomba

Thursday, sure why not.
I'll probably be SSing, but it would be fine on a bigger bike...some silliness available. Can tailor the route a little.
One small warning...may be overgrown sections. Scratches possible.
Hydro to Blackheath single track is virtually unrideable, due to plant growth/lack of use.