Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
blackheath-medlow-katoomba

Thursday, sure why not.
I'll probably be SSing, but it would be fine on a bigger bike...some silliness available. Can tailor the route a little.
One small warning...may be overgrown sections. Scratches possible.
WIll be happy to just check out and see what is out there... will be SS as bottom bracket won't be posted yet.

Out for tomorrow ... soz ... enjoy
Its cold and wet and my throat is really sore... so wouldn't have good anyway.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
After Joey,Nerf rider and I did Saint Hellenas the other week, and came out with arms like junkie emos from shrubbery lacerations, I've decided to go and tidy it up, and spice it up a touch(within legal reason). Would anyone like to ride/walk/fix it with me, then train back and ride it?
I started a thread on it in the trail building section http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?p=1808395#post1808395. I don't want to cut down trees or anything nasty, just trim and push shrubs back, make some chicanes, possibly a few tiny jumps to be used as water bars also, and do a bit of repair to stop run off erosion.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After Joey,Nerf rider and I did Saint Hellenas the other week, and came out with arms like junkie emos from shrubbery lacerations, I've decided to go and tidy it up, and spice it up a touch(within legal reason). Would anyone like to ride/walk/fix it with me, then train back and ride it?
I started a thread on it in the trail building section http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?p=1808395#post1808395. I don't want to cut down trees or anything nasty, just trim and push shrubs back, make some chicanes, possibly a few tiny jumps to be used as water bars also, and do a bit of repair to stop run off erosion.
Probably try and rope Jeff and Todd into it...I'd try too... its just a matter of squeezing in the hours between work and family for an unglamourous job.

I'd imagine final arrangements of date best be by PMs.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Yeah Rod,
Give Jeff and I a firm date and we would be happy to help, never done St Helena's, so would be happy to bring tools ,flask of coffee, and hip flask of drambuie to ward off the cold!..Let me know by p.m. mate!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
blackheath-medlow-katoomba

Thursday, sure why not.
I'll probably be SSing, but it would be fine on a bigger bike...some silliness available. Can tailor the route a little.
One small warning...may be overgrown sections. Scratches possible.

So what time you want to head out and where do you want to meet.. I'd be happy with a 7:30 or so.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shiyte, childcare duties have reared. So either a late start or another day. Soz.
No worries whenever is fine by you.. would probably prefer an earlier start.. what time would be a "late start" by definition though?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I rode Blackheath to Leura today.
Don't bother doing the single track from half way between BH and medlow. It's way to over grown and should be on the tidy up list.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Noticed no rides organised... also noticed the time of year again and realised its coming up for night riding time again.

So anyone up for some ride this saturday night?

Toxic

Likes Dirt
I'll have to ask the committee about Saturday night. Where were you thinking?

And big props to John (carlgroover). Finally caught up with Cycling news and find he's come 15th at the 24 hour solo champs. The weather claimed a lot of lesser men I hear. Awesome stuff John. :cool:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll have to ask the committee about Saturday night. Where were you thinking?
Was thinking either a Winmallee Bee's Nest or Lawson?

And big props to John (carlgroover). Finally caught up with Cycling news and find he's come 15th at the 24 hour solo champs. The weather claimed a lot of lesser men I hear. Awesome stuff John. :cool:
Just to sit that long on a bike earns respect, yet alone move ones legs around, yet alone come 15th... well done!

rockydog

Likes Dirt
I rode Blackheath to Leura today.
Don't bother doing the single track from half way between BH and medlow. It's way to over grown and should be on the tidy up list.
I might take some shears out there one day...there are also some nice bits on radiata which need a little attention. There is potenially a great (and local!) ride through these areas.

Put me down for the St Helena clean up, to...depending on the day.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haven't rode at Winmalee. Either is good though if i can get away.
I must say Winmalee is a nice night out... even though it is primarily fire trail its not the long uglies we are used to. Its got some ST, some almost ST, huge steep technical downhills and some good climbs.

Todd if you are up for Winmalee lets do the whole lot ... whatever that other bit is called too.

I might take some shears out there one day...there are also some nice bits on radiata which need a little attention. There is potenially a great (and local!) ride through these areas.
Lets check it out next week and maybe make another visit with the shears sometime soon. Good time to start cleaning up after all the summer rain and growth... haven't seen a snake for a while too :)

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Hey Swingers,
Computer is fixed and running again!!!
Congrats to John(carlgroover), 2nd in category to the world champ, 15th overall, Also to Vanina for coming 1st in category and 3rd overall in the ladies, in her 1st 24 solo race!!...Well done to supagav for keeping john and vanina mobile and pumped!

Saturday night i can come out and play, i am thinking Grose Head, down to Blue Gum and back up Bees Nest and out via Grose Head in reverse!
App: 40kms with a heap of big climbs and descents..fun, fun!
What does everybody think?...You make the call Mark!

Sunday, 6ft track ride is back on, Jeff and I are certain starters, anybody else want to come?..best track in the mountains in my humble opinion!

Monday and Tuesday i am out, i am doing a first aid course!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Saturday night i can come out and play, i am thinking Grose Head, down to Blue Gum and back up Bees Nest and out via Grose Head in reverse!
App: 40kms with a heap of big climbs and descents..fun, fun!
What does everybody think?...You make the call Mark!
I like the idea of riding in the area... maybe not up Bees nest as I may be on the SS depending whether my BB comes in the post today... but whatever route.. I was thinking of the same route we did on that original first group ride we did many eons ago.

We also have to think how long the lights willmlast.. how long would that take?