Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what time did you do last year?
That was just under 62mins. Fitness has improved a hell of a lot since then.. I was still very much the beginner. Really crawled down Red Wire Saddle or whatever its called.

Really I guess, I don't have a clue what I will get?

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
That was just under 62mins. Fitness has improved a hell of a lot since then.. I was still very much the beginner. Really crawled down Red Wire Saddle or whatever its called.

Really I guess, I don't have a clue what I will get?

62 mins to 50 mins
20% improvement

on a track where there are a lot of sections where you spin your gears out

big call!!!

... i'd better enter before it's too late...

pic from last year

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
62 mins to 50 mins
20% improvement

on a track where there are a lot of sections where you spin your gears out

big call!!!

... i'd better enter before it's too late...

pic from last year

Oh well I will say I will beat the 60mins mark and then anything extra is a bonus. :)

You should get much better that 55 this year with the trail really smooth all the way now.

And that photo reminds me of how damn cold it is in that shady hollow at Euroka where the finish line is.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
unfortunately, the rougher the better suits me!!!!!
I can believe that!!

Was finishing the single track yesterday and rattling down the last baby headed and into my head popped you mentioning how you bent your chainring. Was that because of something being flicked up or was it a big drifting turn?

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how far away?
how long ride?
what time back?
Mt Hay is a long fire trail heading off from Leura... its kinda uninteresting and untechnical but is a good exercise ride, some good hills... a "road ride off road"... at minimum around 38km can be done in 2 hrs riding at a reasonable and consitant pace.

There are a few side tracks that are not great but worth knocking over that can make the ride longer too so it can be increased to around 55km. It is very scenic too. I think I am the only person in the world who has any affection for this ride. :)

See how we go but probably back 12-1pm.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Mt Hay is a long fire trail heading off from Leura... its kinda uninteresting and untechnical but is a good exercise ride, some good hills... a "road ride off road"... at minimum around 38km can be done in 2 hrs riding at a reasonable and consitant pace.

There are a few side tracks that are not great but worth knocking over that can make the ride longer too so it can be increased to around 55km. It is very scenic too. I think I am the only person in the world who has any affection for this ride. :)

See how we go but probably back 12-1pm.
think i'll stay local

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Congratulations must go out to our "Turgid" friend Alex Wagner( mtbasn) for getting 1st place in the u/19s 2nd round of the state xc championships held at ourimbah on sunday, this to go with 2nd place in the 1st round, could thishave been the schnitzel we had on saturday night? or is it pure talent?
Stay tuned for more amazing results from our guy!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
I am doing the oaks tomorrow if anybody wants to come along, start off riding up to springwood, catching the train to woodford, ride oaks at fast pace( my fast anyhow), then ride back up to winmalee via long angle backwards!..nice long day with a tonne of climbing!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
can i come:D
I'm heading out at 9am, when you knock off school, lets do something, is your bike clean?..Jeff is coming with me in the morning but he doesn't know about long angle yet!
Mel wants us to take her out in the arvo!..what you think?

BM Epic

Eats Squid
do you want me to just come to urrs or whatat?
Come over and we will wait for Mel and head out and do something, see how sore she is tomorrow, she say's she wants to ride!:), if i'm not there, let yourself in the back and make yourself at home( no touching my blueberry pie and ice cream, anything else is cool!)

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wish I could come along but still getting over a cold that has knocked me out for a week now plus hurt my leg... so need to take things easy.

Glad Jeff is back on the bike.. don't hurt him.