Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Um now I'm confused. Can we do a quick loop of something while waiting for Todd?

Either way we'll rock at 7 and by the time we fiddle with bikes Todd might be there

tex72

Likes Dirt
99% sure I can make it, depends how long my last job takes me.
If I'm not there by 7pm it means it took longer than expected:(

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Raining a bit up at Leura, but nothing too bad. Seemed drier that bit down the hill as well when I drove through a short time ago. So I think weather will be fine, you will get damp, but not soaked.

I unfortunately can't come as I need to do a heap of work tonight. :(

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
total freeeeeking disaster

car broke down with trailer full of mulch....... and a blind father in law in tow .........just before i'm due to pick up No.1 daughter from school ......... which is about 10 minutes before No2 daughter gets home on the bus ......... then get covered in diesel ...... then can't get truck going .......... then remember i'm in NRMA ........... 2 bikes on board now ........ get NRMA get tow truck get trailer taken home by boys in blue ..... jump in the tow truck ....... smash my phone on tools in my pocket .......... eventually get home ....... too late to go for ride

bollocks

JP

Likes Dirt
total freeeeeking disaster

car broke down with trailer full of mulch....... and a blind father in law in tow .........just before i'm due to pick up No.1 daughter from school ......... which is about 10 minutes before No2 daughter gets home on the bus ......... then get covered in diesel ...... then can't get truck going .......... then remember i'm in NRMA ........... 2 bikes on board now ........ get NRMA get tow truck get trailer taken home by boys in blue ..... jump in the tow truck ....... smash my phone on tools in my pocket .......... eventually get home ....... too late to go for ride

bollocks
Excuses, excuses!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"Guys, guys - look at us. Squabbling, bickering, like children. What's happening to us? We never used to be like this."

Toxic

Likes Dirt
"He's right you know", Mike.

I have no excuse for not showing. Thought it was going to smash down rain, made promise to daughter thinking it was, end of story.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
You blokes missed my endo, it was huge, now have broken bits of bike, massively swollen knee, with cuts and abrasions, Mel thought it was funny, it happened after the posty descent when you go across toward the junkyard and have to cross that ditch with little wooden bridge(app:2 ft wide), well we were coming back from the junkyard toward that steep climb, we are about to cross that ditch, i am talking to dave ludenia as i'm riding(losing concentration), didn't see that to get on little bridge the little rock to climb on to the bridge is very dangerous, well as i'm flying through the air still explaining to Dave that we will get some trimming done on the junkyard, impact is hard on the bridge, could have been worse though, i am so pissed off with myself for having a big stack!!
Anyhow, why the bickering children!!!..it's no biggie if you dont turn up!
Get it next time!
Lidsdale night mission coming up soon!

tex72

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the ride last night guys. Had a blast! You have some real gems up yor way.
Hey BM Epic hope you are not too sore after your little OTB adventure... It would have to be one of the best I have seen for a while.:D

thecat

Most excellent ride. Trails were tacky enough that you could push hard as you wanted through corners and know it was going to stick.

I got a bit of footage on a 1080 DH cam... If I get a chance of trim it up I'll post it up soon. Should have caught a nice stack were Dave got hung up on a small sappling which caused his wheel to get caught on a stump. he toppled over sideways only to have Richie follow him, landing on top in what could only be described as a lovers tryst...

You blokes missed my endo,
I missed it but Meggs was still giggling when he got to the top of the hill and told us... he's a bastard like that:D

Anyhow, why the bickering children!!!..it's no biggie if you dont turn up!
Yeah you lot stink anyway.....

Lidsdale night mission coming up soon!
Tuesday the 15th at 7pm suit every one?

thecat

Last edited:

davzab

Likes Dirt
yeh sorry about the distraction todd, it was the quickest I have ever seen someone do a front flip on a bike though, well done! Not good to hear about the bike and your knee.
Don't worry my measly stack has resulted in a weird strained and sore wrist today which left me on the trainer in awesome weather! grrr!
Would be funny to see some footage if you have it though Flynny.

Peace