Blue nurses

Andrew Benson

Likes Dirt
I dont know if anyone has been up to blue nurses lately but if you have you might have seen soome constructio up there and theyve dug a massive whole through the middle of the dogs and mediums and blue nurses is gonna be closed for 2 to 4 week maybe 5 :mad: so if your planning to head up to nurses dont go cuz its fenced off and you cant jump anything:(

which means no jumping for me for a while:(:(

but I can still ride dh:p

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The only sensible thing to do it jump the fence and ride them anyway... also vandalise the equipment that's left there

C.H.B

Likes Dirt
The only sensible thing to do it jump the fence and ride them anyway... also vandalise the equipment that's left there
geez thats sure to get the sympathy of the council,rumour has it
they'll be making new jumps so just be patient ,

Andrew Benson

Likes Dirt
but council never made those jumps they just had council permission the guy who made it lives in jindalee.

who told you theyd be making new ones?

Andrew Benson

Likes Dirt
the other day me and my mates went down to nurses and asked wat ther gonna do with the jumps and they said ther gonna make them bigger and better so

IM HAPPY:D:p:D:D:D:cool::cool:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Oh man this thread hurts. To be honest, the best thing that could happen to the Blue Nurses jumps is that they be turned into more dog-off-leash area.

For years and years they've sat in horrendous disrepair receiving occasional mediocre-at-best improvements which just get ruined by little Gap-trash kids within a week.

They're an eyesore, they attract crap people to the area and they've hardly been rideable in the last few years at all.

I know that sounds harsh, but I'm deadly serious. We had a great initiative start in 07 with a plan for regular maintenance days and everyone had grand ideas of how to improve the area, we had one super-brief dig day and nothing has happened since as far as I am aware.

Get rid of them

C.H.B

Likes Dirt
I know that sounds harsh, but I'm deadly serious. We had a great initiative start in 07 with a plan for regular maintenance days and everyone had grand ideas of how to improve the area, we had one super-brief dig day and nothing has happened since as far as I am aware.

Get rid of them
one word leitch,lazy,everyone wants nice sculpted jumps just like the ones
they see on ''drop in'' or on the pinkbike site. but pick up a shovel and
actually do some work?,nah,too hard we'll just whinge about how small
and crap our jumps are instead.If you look at the best dj areas in Aussie
and pretty much anywhere in the world,you'll see a dedicated group of riders
that work at what they've got and are very proud of what they do.they are
the caretakers i guess.
no sarcasm smiley stu:D

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Blue Nurses are the worst excuse for dj's I have ever seen. enough said.
Well, they are not. Its just when little kids come along and 'make' them better or more 'hardcore' Why not talk to the BCC about them and not sit on the interweb bitching about jumps, get out there and talk to people about getting things done.

nick_sixx

Likes Dirt
Oh man this thread hurts. To be honest, the best thing that could happen to the Blue Nurses jumps is that they be turned into more dog-off-leash area.

For years and years they've sat in horrendous disrepair receiving occasional mediocre-at-best improvements which just get ruined by little Gap-trash kids within a week.

They're an eyesore, they attract crap people to the area and they've hardly been rideable in the last few years at all.

Get rid of them
Definitely more off-leash area. There's this blonde girl, Kate Leitch, who takes her dog up there....she is sooo fine...

moley"

Likes Dirt
hey mate^^^ pokoj lives at the gap, fairly close to ashgrove. A good riding mate of mine knows him through family or something and has ridden his foamy! pretty sweet i rekon,