Blue Nurses

Drew.

Eats Squid
Ok we're leaving Steves thread alone to discuss the Blue Nurses jumps which have seen a bit of attention from this thread: http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?p=888760#post888760

So we will continue the discussion here, where appropriate.

this is very true. i think that if you build the jumps of a high enough quality (strong and well designed) but big at the same time, and do this only to the big set, it would stop the council destroying them, and the kids would think fuck that to knocking them down because they are so solid, may not work but just trying to give ideas, has anyone else got an idea?
That's the thing, I've spent 1-2 full days doing the big ones up, making awesome lips and smoothing them out, then kids come and knock it all off because they thing they will be able to jump them without a big, nice lip on them. And I know they will goto the troubles of getting rid of it, it's just a matter of 3-4 kids kicking it, getting a shovel, rocks, whatever. It has been done before.

Unless we make them out of concrete, I don't know if that problem is going to go away by building them really good.

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Same happens to some jumps just from house I get them to pretty good standard then the next day lil kids just come and wreck it. Worst thing about it is that they don't even ride. they're just some bogan kids that hang around.

why don't the lil kids hit the small set there then??

Air time erik

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Eh Nurses is alright, just you got heaps of squids that cant hit stuff so they knock it down and feel better, you know who you are, happens everwhere just dont bother building them up just go elsewhere!

MATT_82

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah im a regular to those jumps and we have built the lips up a few times but they just get knocked down either by little kids or the council, we were thinking about trying again next weekend but were not sure its worth the effort.

Matt

D

Deleted member FN2187

dont bother

So many times I have tried to get councill approval to have the jumps fixxed and nothing happens. want to know why. A certain bike shop owner thats why. we had councill approval for the use of a bobcat, 3 truckloads of dirt and a propper design layout for multiple line dirtjump sets. But the councills decision was reversed when the bike shop owner decided that he was responsible for the jumps and that noone else but him has the right to be altering the jumps because he believed that he would be maintaining them.

Look seriously leave Ashgrove to the Squids and go ride Fernie or something. Better yet build your own jumps. then you cant complain when some kid knocks them down. Just try and keep em hush hush.

Peace out.

The Bear

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Look seriously leave Ashgrove to the Squids and go ride Fernie or something. Better yet build your own jumps. then you cant complain when some kid knocks them down. Just try and keep em hush hush.
id love to get ashgrove going again, actually.. i live about 5 min ride away, so itd be wicked to have a decent set of jumps nearby.. that said, the chances seem pretty slim.

i might go and have a chat to you know who tomorrow and see what he says.

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
give him a bullocking. I can't believe he can own a bike shop and be part of the mountain bike industry and not want to help the sport progress.

Air time erik

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well i know who your talking bout and guess That "owner " is not only rude but all he cares bout is money, My mate and I where in just browsing also looking for a hanger and a couple of paying costumers walk in and he asked us to wait outside as the shop was to crowded for someone that has spent alot of money at (Bike shop we may not name) i considered this to be insulting!!!! his rude and ingnorant! Ashgrove jumps could be awsome with just some work from serious MTBers and someone regularly maintaining them!!

Air time, out

Last edited:

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate, might want to take the shops name outta your post, they advertise on here, and I sure as hell wouldn't be happy if someone was openly calling me a shit shop. It's obvious who it is to us, but not someone in W.A. who may want to buy something from them.

Drew, I'd be up for some digging, not extreme digging, maybe building the big set up by a foot or two..?would only take a day, and if we do it during the week, no little kids would be there moaning coz they cant roll the jumps.

Anyway, if you-know-who wants to have a cry, we haven't changed anything, more or less making the same as they were the summer before last summer.

Oh and I know most of the locals, they wouldn't knock them down, it's the little kids rolling up them we gotta be careful about.

Also, we could clean up the run in a little, making it easier for the BMXers who want to jump them. I tried and slid halfway down due to all of the bumps and ruts and rocks.

Will.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
im up for it will. as i said, ill have a chat to gav tomorrow and see what the possibility of a working bee or something would be, potentially even a full rebuild.

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that bike shop owner would say, you need a giant glory to make those dirt jumps good.
Well derrrrrr, we will just get lance to buy one.

Yeah leitch, sounds good, I'd be up for it after school or on weekends.

custard

Banned
im up for it will. as i said, ill have a chat to gav tomorrow and see what the possibility of a working bee or something would be, potentially even a full rebuild.
you'll have to buy the new giant glory to talk to gavin.

not the glory

the NEW GIANT GLORY

OMFG*(!@*(&^.....

blackjack

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well if the shop owner thinks no one but him should work on the jumps, why did we get truckloads of dirt and roadie rob up there in his bobcat for numours days before the jump comp, and we did build them up resonable, and all of you that have anything to say about the shop, dont say it on here, come in and say it in the store, that would be the manly thing to do.

MATT_82

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just name a time and im there, me and ben are thinking about going this weekend to give it a go again, anyone else in. build them up reasonably good, thats bs you were saying all week they would be built up good but it didnt happen, me and ben ended up building a lip on the 2nd one the night before the jump comp.

Matt

D

Deleted member FN2187

well if the shop owner thinks no one but him should work on the jumps, why did we get truckloads of dirt and roadie rob up there in his bobcat for numours days before the jump comp, and we did build them up resonable, and all of you that have anything to say about the shop, dont say it on here, come in and say it in the store, that would be the manly thing to do.
Because he organized it and over saw the whole thing.

.......And there still second rate

Look I asked the owner for assistance or even just approval and all I got was an um and an ahh then he said it was all too difficult.

Can everyone please remove names from their posts please.

Last edited by a moderator: