BMC:classic Here We Come!

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
G'day All!
with a week left, the weather looking fine and good numbers i thought its time we started the gossip...
I was reading about the prizes and the are giving away full brake sets, frames and heaps of other goodies!
does anyone know if there are prizes for place-getters in the junior catergory?
Cheers,
Josh
1 week and counting

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone know what the deal is with feeders? Are they allowed, and if so where can they assist? Sorry if this is in the rules somewhere, I haven't noticed anything.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the final instructions say no feeding or assistance allowed. There is no public access to the feedzones (3 of) and while the track loops back into town a couple of times, it doesn't come all the way through event central.

But with 3 feedzones, it shouldn't be an issue (I hope).

hillrider

Likes Bikes
I'm still trying to decide what to do drink wise??? Will be my first 100km race, I'll probably go with a camelback and 1 water bottle.

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
to solve my water problem i have joined the tubes to 2, 2 litre chepo camelbaks which is to hold my water then my other 2 litre bag holds the gaterade

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They've got three feedzones with water and gu2o, so you only need to carry enough to get you from one to the next. 2lt should be plenty.

Rhino

Squid
I am lead to believe that no outside FEEDING will be allowed, so that will mean the elite group will be carrying everything right from the start....

TH850

Likes Bikes
should be good. current weather for sunday is 24* so great for riding.
Mushroom, a fair few people are doing the 50km, pretty sure nearly half.
Who is travelling the furtherest to make the event?

Last edited:

DW-1

Dirt Works
I know someone coming down from Sydney...
I can think of 16 staff from Dirt Works that are heading down for the event. And 14 of them are riding.

And one of them is building his new bike today!!! (nothing like advance planning)

Elvis.

fezi

Likes Dirt
Whereis tells me its 1076km from my front door to the event centre which happens to be my hotel/accomodation for the next 3 nights....

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Results not posted yet but will prob end up here: http://www.maxadventure.com.au/bmcclassic/Results.htm

Murray Spink first in at 4:23 or thereabouts.

50 odd DNF's

About 15 people didn't make the cutoff and were sent back to base early.

At least 5 elite DNF's - 1 came off breaking his shoulder, and 4 were required to carry him out.

Yes, very interested to peruse the results when they come up.