bmx knees?

dom101

Likes Dirt
i'v noticed since i have started riding on a regular basis that my knees have become constantly saw or aching, expecially kneeling or squating and standing up again.

it was fine when i was riding a regular large frame but yeah i was just wondering if its a normal thing that comes with riding smaller frames and bmx?
and if it goes away after a longer period of riding ?

okay cheers

reppin'

Likes Dirt
Yer i have noticed that i've been getting saw knees aswell lately. Although i am starting to get used to it.

dek_norco

Likes Dirt
my knees crack when i stretch them and when i sit down my thighs kill so i put my feet on the front axle.

dom101

Likes Dirt
Lad dont even worry, just saying i used to get sore knees but i hardened up and got over it no worries now just takes some getting used to BMX FTW
oh ha righto mate, i'm not having a big piss and moan about it, just wondering if its a common thing with riding smaller frames.
seems like it is which is a bit reassuring, cheers

Jordan!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just wondering if its a common thing with riding smaller frames.
seems like it is which is a bit reassuring, cheers
I've had the same thing pretty much ever since I got my bmx..
Possibly something to do with TT length....?

dom101

Likes Dirt
mmm yer or just the fact that being higher of the ground (eg: larger frame ) makes the angle that your legs are at slightly less harsh and doesnt make you bend your knees constantly. oh well. die living, dont live dying

poppa_johns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh yeah i might post somthing half usefull.. how big are your bars? Bigger bars actually might help you by giving you a better relaxed angle whilst riding.

dom101

Likes Dirt
i wouldnt be to sure, maybe around 22", but thats a rough guess.
but thanks thats interesting to know. might take it into consideration.

Yeah it's been happening to me too! I Think it might be the cold, now that winter is here. It's been taking a good 20mins for me to warm up recently. I do a lot of riding early, like 6am though. BMX Archritis.

pryaz

Likes Dirt
I get it too...
I just sort of adapted my lifestyle not to kneel or squat too much because it hurts a tad getting up.

I've heard its from sitting down whilst pedalling seeing as u got a low seat and all...

Leevers

Likes Dirt
Lad dont even worry, just saying i used to get sore knees but i hardened up and got over it no worries now just takes some getting used to BMX FTW
He's right.. ever since i started riding bmx i had started getting sore knees.. but my job requires working in a roof on your knees alot of the time, so i had to harden up and get over it

Leevers

Likes Dirt
i wouldnt be to sure, maybe around 22", but thats a rough guess.
but thanks thats interesting to know. might take it into consideration.
Deffinatly look at buying some 27" bars.. well worth it :)

Still perfect width for barries, anything over becomes hard

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you sit down much? If you do this is probably why its happening. put your seat up a few centimeters, it makes a huge difference.

Azerin

Likes Dirt
ive never had this problem (which is strange considering how messed up my right knee is already), though i did get a really sore lower back when i used to lie down. but that sorted itself out after awhile (less than a week) so im guessing the knee thing will sort itself out as well considering your back is in a worse posture whilst riding a bmx than your knees are.

dom101

Likes Dirt
Deffinatly look at buying some 27" bars.. well worth it :)

Still perfect width for barries, anything over becomes hard
sorry, my bad, theyre actually 26".

the knees are sorta better, although i have developed a clicking noise every now and again in the right one :confused: