BMX Worlds on SBS

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
Hey did anyone catch the BMX world champs on SBS yesterday?? Renee Junga from Aus became my new personal hero after pulling off the biggest X-up in the Elite womens FINAL and still getting a 2nd place.

Fuckin awesome.

Anyone else see it?

Bobby_Digital

Likes Bikes
yeah i watched it,

feal bad for the aussie in the elite men, dropping to short on the first jump and clipping the back wheel :( poor bugger.

bradh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
damn. didn't know it was on. i was just sitting around the house yesterday too. probably killing time on farkin. fark it.

timmo

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I flicked over to it just in time to catch the mens final, bad luck to the Aussie bloke, he got a great start too, but fell hard and got cleaned up.

Dakwota

Likes Dirt
Yeah I watched it...

How weird was the ELITE mens final?

Hardly anyone finished properply because of that stupid stack on the last berm.

It was a weird race...

Also, When that park BMX bit came on I was flicking through an old tape to try and get it and pretty much missed all of that and got to tape the last few races...

I wish I didnt miss all that freestyle... :(

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
chuckrockswell said:
...Renee Junga from Aus became my new personal hero after pulling off the biggest X-up...
I thought tricks were illegal in bmx racing, and you were disqualified if you did so. :cool:

Corty

Likes Dirt
Yeah the X-up was pretty awesome for track racing and from what I saw the commentator totally missed it.

BTW How about all those stacks in the race gate!?!?!? Can't these guys count/bunnyhop/trackstand?? :confused:

Corty said:
Yeah the X-up was pretty awesome for track racing and from what I saw the commentator totally missed it.

BTW How about all those stacks in the race gate!?!?!? Can't these guys count/bunnyhop/trackstand?? :confused:

i think they ust preempted the start gate a bit too early to get that "perfect start" and edned up faceplanting...

i was watching - just flicking through channels and found it. i t was blooy exciting!

the men are much more aggressive in their racing than the women, although given that the women ould outclass most of us :p thats not saying much

richo