"Boardswalks" trails.=Update=

sim_doggy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys these are our kind of freshly dug trails, we've been working on these after school and weekend for the past few weeks and there finally getting to be jumpable.

I had a thread going on "When is steep to steep?" and have taking all your advice and made what I think is the perfect lip ( talking about the big one).

We've been thinking of names for a little while but did'nt have much luch untill this morning when one of our mates thoght up boardwalks as our roll in is kind of a boardwalk, not sure if the name will stick but aye I reckon it sound alright.

But the main plan is to have a big 2-pack and a small 3-pack by the end of the holidays.So give me your thoughts on whats good and improvments we can do.

Attachments

Last edited:

mtb.rider.jd

Likes Dirt
Very nice trails my friend. It's great when you put in all thathard work and you get sick lips like that. Bravo.:)

Jordan

p.s what state do u live in?

padstow

Likes Bikes
i like looking at sick dj's eg these :)

a 2 pack and a 3 pack....... so u want to make one double by its self, and then a double with a lip after it with no down ramp sounds a bit weird..i think u might be thinking of a 4 pack-2 doubles, and a 6 pack-3 doubles. anyway ur jumps r sick i would like to c a pic of how high u get off the big one

Last edited:

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good work!
Great to see people building quality trails.
Hows the rideability of the bigger lip?
Looks very thin at the top, and rather steep in relation to the size of the gap.
What sort of speed is it being hit at?
Overall great work though hey.
Cant wait to see more progress!
Rexy.

sim_doggy

Likes Dirt
Good work!
Great to see people building quality trails.
Hows the rideability of the bigger lip?
Looks very thin at the top, and rather steep in relation to the size of the gap.
What sort of speed is it being hit at?
Overall great work though hey.
Cant wait to see more progress!
Rexy.
Well the rideability of the big lip is yet to be confirmed as it's yet to be riden but it can be hit pretty dam quick if thats what we need. And yes it is pretty thin so it's going to be fattened up sometime this week.

And to padstow we've been building them for the past 3-4 weeks, all by hand so if your up our way and you see kids with big digging muscles its us!

Progress pic well come as time goes on, and i'll try get some diferent angles as my mum tryed to get a bit arty with the ones she took.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A descent set of jumps. Props for the amount of work that went into them (judging you used wheel-barrow and shovel).
It's the young lads like you who help give mtb'ing a good rep, spending countless hours on the end of a shovel - digging and shaping.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WOW, they are sweet as jumps. Are you two neighbors or something, cause I like the little ramp over the fence really cool. Can't wait to see some action pics, they should be sweet as.

Nice work guys, keep it up. :D

sim_doggy

Likes Dirt
WOW, they are sweet as jumps. Are you two neighbors or something, cause I like the little ramp over the fence really cool. Can't wait to see some action pics, they should be sweet as.

Nice work guys, keep it up. :D
Nar we're not neigbours just good mates, we all live close which is good though.
Basically the main builders are:
Jake (J-Extreme) Its his property I LOVE HIM.
Me/Simon (Sim-doggy)
Andy

But many hours digging have and most likey will be done by some of our close mates too.

J-Dogg69

Likes Bikes
booyah that set looks chronic hey. you guys got that yard on lockdown id love to try them. love that boardwalk too.

dj_nic

Likes Bikes
Looking very nice the boardwalk is very well built as with all the jumps. you are definetly going to have to get a video of the first person hitting it!!! they are probaly the best build quality i have ever seen in montrose (not to much competition):) anyways i have almost finished my building in my backyard anyways ill see you round the "Trose" cheers Nick
P.S boardwalk is a sweet name and well suited

J_Xtreme

Squid
They turned out pretty cool on film Sim, good form. Thanks 4 the praise guys, i'll leave Simo to keep you informed. They'll definatly be ridden on the holidays so watch this space. :D

BillanookRun

Likes Dirt
nice simon lol, and nick what are you talking bout... Billanook Runs berms and snake pits have got to come close to those dirt jumps even if they are very sexy..
Keep up the building boys, Montrose Pride :)

dj_nic

Likes Bikes
Yeh best burms hands down!!!! but jumps? them things are for 16"!!! lol we will have to go for a ride one time ey!! catch Nick