Boat survey, please read

hidesy

Likes Dirt
this survey is for my D&T major project, it would be grately apreciated if you could complete the survey.

cheers

Name (optional):
Do you work, own or spend time around boats if so what types?
Speed boat Sail boat Row boat Cruiser Fishing boat Other

What time would you normally go on your boat?
Before 6a.m 6-12a.m 12-6pm after 6p.m

Do you think current boat designs could have adjustments/modifications made to them to improve their efficacy? If so what?
Hull design Propulsion method Source of energy

If you were in the market for a boat would you consider a solar power boat?
Yes No

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Name: Kurt Sommers
Speed boat Sail boat Row boat Cruiser Fishing boat Other, yes houseboat

Before 6a.m 6-12a.m 12-6pm after 6p.m Fishing boat is used very early in the morning and just before dark, the rest of the time speed boat.

Do you think current boat designs could have adjustments/modifications made to them to improve their efficacy? If so what?
I'm not an engineer or anything so I wouldn't know but boat designs and their desginers are pretty on the ball with new technology IMO, if there was something missing from boats this year it'd be in next years models.

Yes I would consider a solar powered boat if it was up to the standards of current boats, with enough power to pull tubes/skiers/boarders and considering our boat is used nearly entirely on hot, sunny days only, lack of sun wouldn't be a problem.

A fully solar powered houseboat would be good but you'd have to have SO many panels, we use solar already for just normal electrical power use and the boat has three panels, even then it drains quick if you haven't had the generator on. If you ran out of power for the engine while driving you'd be in trouble, friends ran out of fuel the other day and their boat drifted (very quickly) into some trees and punched a whole right through the wall.

Last edited:

new guy

Likes Dirt
Name (optional): Lachie
Speed boat Sail boat Row boat Cruiser Fishing boat Other
our boat is a bowrider and is used mosty for fishing and a little skiing it you need more info it's a searay 180le with a 135 mercruiser
Before 6a.m 6-12a.m 12-6pm after 6p.m
Before 6 for fishing but depends on tides.
Hull design Propulsion method Source of energy.

Yes i belive you could experiment on numatic flaps on the front to improve holeshot and ease of reaching planeing speed
Yes No