Body armour?

jack.z

Likes Bikes
I'm still new to downhill, so i figured I'd buy some body armour because i'll be falling off alot. I have like a fox armour suit thing with elbow/forearm pads attached. Is it normal to wear a t-shirt underneath then a jersey on top? what do you guys do?

Cheers, Jack :)

prosheep

Likes Dirt
i just wear my armour over a t- shirt if a were a jersey over it i feel that i restrict the movement of the whole suit.

magni

Likes Dirt
Armour

Well i've got a pressure suit sorta thing n i wear a jersey over the top to stop damaging the suit. And if you go somewhere where you have to walk to the tracks either wear nothing underneath or just wear a singlet cas they get hot and then you start swetting and it gives you a rash after a while:mad:

jack.z

Likes Bikes
i just wear my armour over a t- shirt if a were a jersey over it i feel that i restrict the movement of the whole suit.
Well i've got a pressure suit sorta thing n i wear a jersey over the top to stop damaging the suit. And if you go somewhere where you have to walk to the tracks either wear nothing underneath or just wear a singlet cas they get hot and then you start swetting and it gives you a rash after a while:mad:
ok, thanks for the tips you guys !! :D:D

Rent_a_crowd

Likes Dirt
I wear a t-shirt underneath and a jersey over the top. It's always good to have a spare t-shirt to put on after as it gets really sweaty. Obviously it's just a personal choice. Whatever feels comfortable for you.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So you look like a tool then.

Dont listen to this guy. Most people wear the armour with a jersey over the top.

Ya look like a nob with the armour showing.

the_duke1234

Likes Bikes

Dont listen to this guy. Most people wear the armour with a jersey over the top.

I agree that i wear my pressure suit with a t shirt underneath, Then just the pressure suit. A jersey does restrict me to much. Thanks

adamenp

Likes Bikes
Hi
I were a jersey underneath of my pressure suit ... i just find it more comfortable that way ... and it keeps you warmer in the winter :)

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Second that.

Not that there is anything wrong with looking like a nob. Just know that you're doing it...

dhd

Downhill Direct
When it's real hot you don't need to wear a T-shirt underneath. I just put a band aid over each nipple so I don't get the "Boogey board" rash on my nipples. And yeah a Jersey over the top at all times. If it restricts your movement too much you need a bigger jersey!

jack.z

Likes Bikes
thanks everyone for the help!!
i think i will try some different things and see which is most comfortable, but ill keep my jersey over the top, don't particularly want to look like a nob :p.

cheers! :D

DrBino

Likes Bikes
I reckon it depends on where/what you're riding. I've only worn my pressure suit once since being back in Oz for over a year, and I find when I do wear it, I stack all the time. They can be pretty restricting, not to mention uncomfortable and bloody hot in summer! I usually ride with gloves, flexible knee guards and a full facer. Still, if it gives you that little bit more confidence then there's definatly no harm in wearing it. Plus, almost everyone you meet on the trails in oz are nice people and don't tend to give you shit if you're not wearing the latest and greatest gear, which is nice.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i wear a jersey over the top to stop damaging the suit.
You lost me...

Anyhow, DHing its just Gloves, Full Face, and Shin Pads (that also cover the knee) for me.... But I broke 3 ribs in the whistler bike park - so you'd be mad to listen to me:p

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Ditto!! you said it Dave!

get a jersey (like a TLD GP Air) that breathes well and wear that over the top