Bodyboard HELP

Lorday

Eats Squid
Don't get anything labelled DK. If you ride DK its kind of like saying, Hey I like body boarding BUT surfing is where its at.
Saying that, muchio respecto for DK riders.

Doggy

Inconceivable!
It must have been hard to tell your parents Lorday:D

Tried surfing, it was in my young and experimental stage...came back to being a booger

dh'r king

Likes Dirt
I Recommend Nomand n NMD, the 'Player' range by NMD especially are a great board. Ide stick away from 4play you pay for the name. The VS range are also realy great value boards and seem to be fairly popular aswell.

I went from a PP board to a PE board and i love my PE board. I like the flex and the feel of the board. That said you have to be willing to replace ur board much more regularly then with a PP core. PP lasts for ever.

No matter what board u have you shouldnt leave it in the sun, car or any place where it will be exposed to heat. Bubbles will form and it just generally screws your board over.

BSC and eppo's are the more well known stores and are both reliable with a rather large range.

Probs just repeated what every one else has said, tho hope i have helped make ur decision easier.

tc2233

Likes Dirt
Gday all,

2. Is there any good places around that I could get a good board from for cheap/cheaper.
The bodyboard i have at the moment which is a BZ i got a pretty good deal. The retail is $400 and i got it for $200 because the surf shop had too many so they were getting rid of them.

If you want to get a very cheap body board (ocean and earth body board or other products that ocean and earth make) with a few minor problems go to the ocean and earth factory down the south coast of NSW (this is where they for very cheap prices (less than the wholesale) because there are a few problems with them (like the machine that makes them has wrecked the paint job on it, or there is a scratch on it or a dent etc) these problems wont effect the way you body board.

dillon22

Likes Dirt
Ohk thanks for that dh'r king, you've helped me lower the fourplay board a little down the list of what I think would suit best, and be best value.

I think at the moment although I'm still considering all the boards, I've narrowed it down to mainly the LMNOP skippy comp, or the 09 VS Hardy Micro dow, and possibly even the 09 fourplay dallas tech, although you've kind of turned me away from that now. I think the LMNOP looks like the best value polypro board, and the 09 VS hardy looks like the best polyethylene, so I guess once I decide if I want pp or pe, which at the moment I'm leaning towards p.e, then one of those two will be the one to get.

That said though, I am going to Phillip Island tomorrow, so will go and talk to one of the guys in the local shop then, and who knows, might even come out of the shop with a new board from there.. :rolleyes:

wootown

Likes Dirt
go an NMD Ben Player
sick boards i got one
go with a colour scheme of like yellow deck black rails and pin line and an orange slick

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
go an NMD Ben Player
sick boards i got one
go with a colour scheme of like yellow deck black rails and pin line and an orange slick
yeah benny's boards are always sick...that colour scheme is like the ols mach 7-7 by morey.

also the ryan hardy shape VS is pretty sick, ive been riding hardy's boards since he was on toobs (old fourplay/4play brand) very simple design with a crescent tail. i have the PP and its super quick, draws a line very well and accelerates very well.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went for a pretty descent surf this arvo. Nice solid shorey. Was all fun until my calves starded cramping.

Recently I rode a mate's PE VS Hardy. I love the shape but the flex is a bit too much for me - I hate flex. It feels like the board sinks right into the way and in turn making it feel hell sluggish. It also felt shit when DKing.

I still love my Player (BP, that is). I think it's the 06 model but man I love it. It's a little creased up and has pits where my elbows sit, but fuck I love it. I've thrown it around, sits in my boot 99% of the time and has seen some descent surf but I'm still surprised as to how long and well it has lasted.

Next board will be my Player measurements but shaped by those new fangdangle board co's. you know, the one's where evbery young kid runs out and gets their own board shaped. Unless of course BP is still riding the same shaped board.

chrisp2087

Likes Dirt
go an NMD Ben Player
sick boards i got one
I've had two Players, both Blue deck, red pin & white slick (and neither of those because it's my preference) one crescent & one bat. The boards go great & considering I got the 1st one for $30 second hand I think it was a good buy haha.

The only issue I noted was the board coming apart at the rails a little (the 2nd hand one, most likely thrashed before I got it) but it's nothing a little dab from the hot glue gun couldn't fix :D

wootown

Likes Dirt
I've had two Players, both Blue deck, red pin & white slick (and neither of those because it's my preference) one crescent & one bat. The boards go great & considering I got the 1st one for $30 second hand I think it was a good buy haha.

The only issue I noted was the board coming apart at the rails a little (the 2nd hand one, most likely thrashed before I got it) but it's nothing a little dab from the hot glue gun couldn't fix :D
lol $30 thats a sick buy

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
Just out of curiosity, what fins are everyone using? I expect a barrage of replies of 'churcills' but I'll ask anyway :p

Just picked up a pair of Stealths for $50 - much needed after my last pair turned out to be quite uncomfortable to use.

chrisp2087

Likes Dirt
I use tech fins & i love them but then again i've never used anything else for an extended period of time.

I like that they're symetrical, just a personal preference

Doggy

Inconceivable!
Have run Hyrdo Techs for the last 5 or 6 years I would be guessing, love them. Had churchills many years ago before I got Hydro Techs
Hyrdo Techs yo

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Have run Hyrdo Techs for the last 5 or 6 years I would be guessing, love them. Had churchills many years ago before I got Hydro Techs
Hyrdo Techs yo
Did you notice a significant difference Doggy? Mine are starting to get a little small and I've only heard good things about Tech2s except they don't float.

wootown

Likes Dirt
Just out of curiosity, what fins are everyone using? I expect a barrage of replies of 'churcills' but I'll ask anyway :p

Just picked up a pair of Stealths for $50 - much needed after my last pair turned out to be quite uncomfortable to use.
yer man i use stealths to

chrisp2087

Likes Dirt
Did you notice a significant difference Doggy? Mine are starting to get a little small and I've only heard good things about Tech2s except they don't float.
as I said I use the Techs & love them but haven't heard much positive stuff about the tech 2's

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
How many people are supporters of fin socks?

I've got a pair of fin savers which I'll be using for sure - but I fear I may be heading back to Eppo to grab the pair of neoprene socks he showed me today - a bit concerned I'll come out the water tomorrow with no skin on my big toes.....

Doggy

Inconceivable!
Only that I find them more comfortable, I have a fairly wide foot so I always had trouble finding a comfy pair. I have run the same pair of techs the whole time, only now starting to look a bit worse for wear but still got plenty of life left in them and yeah they dont float but I have fin savers so I am not concerned about losing them
Highly recommend them indeed, have never used or heard from others about the Tech 2's so cant comment about them but Techs....fo shizzle

How many people are supporters of fin socks?

I've got a pair of fin savers which I'll be using for sure - but I fear I may be heading back to Eppo to grab the pair of neoprene socks he showed me today - a bit concerned I'll come out the water tomorrow with no skin on my big toes.....
Neoprene socks are great, started wearing them when I was giving my feet fairly deep holes on each side of my ankle just from rubbing. Cool holes but somewhat uncomfortable for me, socks and savers....happy times