Bombproof rims

Nettheim

Likes Dirt
Hey, (yes i have looked at the rim roundup)
im in the market for some new rims for all sorts of riding. Anyways im sick of buckling all my rims so I was wondering if I could get peoples opinions of what the strongest rims are on the market. I don't care about weight or anything like that but just any rim (or complete wheelset for that matter) that I WON'T break. Keeping the price as low as possible is always good as well.

Cheers

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^no

Mag 30's have a reputation for being the strongest rim on the market. They are now under a different name which is doubletracks (I think). Look in the freeride section of the forum there is a discussion going on about the strongest rims on the market.

S!C!E!R!

Banned
^no

Mag 30's have a reputation for being the strongest rim on the market. They are now under a different name which is doubletracks (I think). Look in the freeride section of the forum there is a discussion going on about the strongest rims on the market.
Am I not allowed to have an opinion?????

ollybev

Likes Dirt
mag 30's all the way....the next strongest thing is a chunck of steel, build it with alpine 3's and your set

dhd

Downhill Direct
Am I not allowed to have an opinion?????
721's are a great "race" rim. Nice and light and pretty damn strong but far from the strongest rim out there. I don't think it was intended as hacking on you.

Dirt Bag DH rims or the new Imperial rims we have have proven very durable and very well priced. They just don't have the "Look I'm a cool guy" tug factor of Mag 30's!

cdfeto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mag 30s. But remember that the lacing of the rim to the hub is a very big factor of the wheel overall strength. So chose some good spokes and get it built by someone qualified.

Dougy

Likes Dirt
Even Mag 30s can be destroyed if you just smash into everything rather than trying to ride smoothly. Another thing I notice a bit working on DH bikes is that most people that destroy rims never check their spokes. A little bit of maintenance goes a long way it keeping a wheel alive.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Doubletracks.
Previously sold as Intense Mag30's but if I recall correctly dirtworks re-badged them because of licensing issues or something...
Anyway, a mate of mine who is an absolute demon to his bike has had one laced to his rear hub for about 8 months or so and after casing on square edge concrete gaps and failed spin attempts it still spins relatively straight. Even with loose spokes these rims don't seem to buckle.