Bontrager Flatlines - Any feedback?

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I'm up for a new pair of shoes. After a few returns for delaminating soles on my trusty 5.10 VXi's, the warranty cash cow has run dry.

I fancy something a little different. Currently have some Specialized 2FO (version 1) , but the grip, or lack of, is letting them down.

Looking at some reviews online, the 5.10 Freeride Pro seem to be the big dog at the minute, but keen to hear any feedback on the Bontrager Flatlines?
They appear to have more ventilation holes than the 5.10's, and get great write ups on grip.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
What size are you? I have a pair of Adidas Terrex Trail with the stealth sole I could sell if you wanted to try them? Size 46EURO. My wife bought me a set of the Impact Pro's so I'm not wearing the Adidas any longer. Same grip as the 5Ten but with a slightly more flexible, lighter upper.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I've got the Flatlines and traditionally use standard Freeriders, the Bontys are noticably stiffer in the sole but aside from that I don't notice a lot of difference when riding. My problem with the Five Tens was that the pins on my flat pedals were chewing through soles like a Demon on Wall Street, the Bontys don't appear to suffer this as much, quality seems a little better than the current crop of Five Tens.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Went to Rouse Hill Trek to drop some coin on these today.
Nothing in stock in my size until late Jan.

Specialized 2FO 2.0 it is then. Picked them up on the way home from Trek. Test ride tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk