Booked for bike rack????

dcrofty

Eats Squid
So is anyone who doesn't like the law going to do anything about it? Letters to politicians etc etc

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So is anyone who doesn't like the law going to do anything about it? Letters to politicians etc etc
Hell no, I'd rather school the copper who pulls me up by flashing my bulletin printed from the RMS website showing that my rack complies with all the regulations then tearing the fine up in front of him.....then putting the torn up fine in the nearest bin.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Hell no, I'd rather school the copper who pulls me up by flashing my bulletin printed from the RMS website showing that my rack complies with all the regulations then tearing the fine up in front of him.....then putting the torn up fine in the nearest bin.
You'd be better off court electing it wouldn't you? If you just tear up your copy of the ticket the cop will still process his original.

Johnn

Squid
Better still

Write a letter to the station commander with a picture of a marked car with the hitch attached like the one parked outside the local headquarters yesterday.

If ever there is a blitz on protruding hitches, they'll use up a book of tickets before they leave the staff car park.
Personally I think they are a pedestrian hazard and a pain in the shin.

antigee

Likes Bikes
warned by janitor at holiday apartment

at christmas we stayed on Phillip Island and had put rack back on car (thule one that bikes stand on) Janitor of apartments walked over and asked me if was going to leave it without bikes on - i said no will put on after breakfast just did now as space in corner of carpark available - he said no problem but that police did come in and book people for leaving them empty.....this was a private carpark!!!! albeit visible from road

OIL

Likes Dirt
at christmas we stayed on Phillip Island and had put rack back on car (thule one that bikes stand on) Janitor of apartments walked over and asked me if was going to leave it without bikes on - i said no will put on after breakfast just did now as space in corner of carpark available - he said no problem but that police did come in and book people for leaving them empty.....this was a private carpark!!!! albeit visible from road
what a load of BS - don't they make real cops anymore? what i want to know is, are they randomly spotting these 'infringing vehicles' while looking for the bad guys - or do they find it easier and more satisfying to target and book us to reach their $$$ quota rather than risking their lives catching rapists, druggies, thugs and driving through Frankston?

drives ya mad.