booo

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.

ex offender
Mark (01 250), you stole someone else's avatar, obviously they don't like it (I know who they are and I speak to them on occasion), so delete it and use one of your own. Seriously, it's plagiarism and probably some sort of infringement of copyright.

Why was James's (Dinsy's) thread about it deleted?

Banning Dinsy and M.W. was going over the top. I thought this place was above that shit.

G

yeah no shit that person isnt on these forums so it shouldnt matter that much. most avatars are stolen off other people

S.

ex offender
something like "thats a nice avatar you have, did you make it?" and posted the avatar a few times.

G

if you didnt know this person im presuming you do would you react the same way???

S.

ex offender
Fuzzy said:
if you didnt know this person im presuming you do would you react the same way???
Probably. If it's something I'd actually put effort into to make (like that avatar) instead of just finding a pic on a website or something and resizing it, yes I'd be pissed off.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I'm sorry, but I can understand people being pretty pissed about having their avatar stolen. If it's something generic like a company logo or a common photo, well it's probably nothing to get too amped up about, but when it's something you've designed and drawn/snapped/whatever yourself, well it's a bit annoying to see someone steal your hardwork and not acknowledge it.

G

ok that avatar required no effort. coloured squares entered into a gif program. i could do it and say he ripped mine.

S.

ex offender
Fuzzy said:
ok that avatar required no effort. coloured squares entered into a gif program. i could do it and say he ripped mine.
So? It's his idea, he took the time to make it himself, why the hell should you go and steal his work?

You know, I might come over and rob your house, cos it doesn't matter if you put any effort into getting your stuff, if you're not using it you won't be needing it, you can afford to share, etc etc.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Fuzzy said:
I'm not trying to start shit here, but just because something is simple doesn't mean it wasn't hard to design. I'm not necesseraily referring to his case, but how about post-its, they're simple, but they weren't around until somebody thought of them. Often the simplest ideas are the hardest ones to have because you can't stand on someone else's shoulders.

G

ok ok wombat your point is taken but he prolly got the idea of someone else how many people out there have a colour flashing avatar??? and socket come rob my house.. come on ill be waiting at the door with my shotgun and my rottweiler

belly_up

Likes Dirt
Keep it civil guys. We've got enough threads about this issue already. If someone has an issue with a persons avatar, PM the person or an admin. do NOT bring it into a public forum.
If you have any questions, PM me.

belly_up

Likes Dirt
And there is *NO* call to be threating other forum members in any way. Anyone doing so will be looked upon dimly by the Farkin.net admin team.

G

its in an off topic disscussion. and were not bringing any one into this i just dont see why sockets getting all angsty about this

Status
Not open for further replies.