Bos deville vs fox float 36

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hay guys,

I'm thinking of up grading the forks on the my Commencal meta am 2 and I'm thinking of going either the Bos deville or fox float 36s and if you have either or ridden on both can you let me know what you think?

NickR

Likes Dirt
No complaints with the Fox 36's. Have had Talas 160, Float 160 and most recently Float 180 Kashima coat - all the RC2 models. The 2011 year models are more user friendly and the Float 180's with the Kashima coating are just fantastic. Was tossing up to go the Talas but had read about some problems on the forums so I went the Float.

sketchylanding

Likes Bikes
Have run float 36 RC2s for years now. Super plush for an air fork and reliable, with a wide adjustment range. I wasn't interested in the TALAS. I highly recommend them and think they are one of the better forks of recent years.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Deville's for sure. Very impressed with my new ones i got for the Mojo HD. The Dampener is one of the best I've tried.

Bluemutt

Likes Bikes
Worth a look at the x-fusion Vengeance, I just bought the 2012 HLR 170mm fork and I'm blown away with their performance.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
Not bagging Fox's, I mean for the price they are a great fork. But BOS are much better.
Remember, you are paying the extra $600ish for a fork that is a step above the rest in almost every way, BOS are just that good.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you go Bos, be sure to get some spares required for self servicing. Their local importer hasn't been known for quick service, in fact I think he rides a bit and is doing an epic across south Africa at the moment (not100% sure but if he's French and imports custon fixie road frames it's him).

Last edited:

muvro

Likes Dirt
If you go Bos, be sure to get some spares required for self servicing. Their local importer hasn't been known for quick service, in fact I think he rides a bit and is doing an epic across south Africa at the moment (not100% sure but if he's French and imports custon fixie road frames it's him).
Not anymore...

New importer has just taken over BOS and Deity. So don't be worried about lack of parts of service. The importers have great service and support, as well as the pricing being real competitive.

scblack

Leucocholic
Rouler Imports have always been good. I have BOS Idylle forks, had them for nearly three years now. All services and so on has been excellent.