Bos Idylle pro pre release sneak peek!

nicho

Sacré bleu!
HeY guys,

Well we received two Bos Idylle pro forks today as a pre release for the September official release.
The forks were planned to come out last May but we delayed in order to fine tune everything 100%.

Here is a sneaky peek of them. Both are claimed and will be on the hills from this week on.

Nicho

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Can Patto have?? :rolleyes:

Who will be the lucky soles having these works of art strapped to their bikes?

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Ah well,

Dylan will have to wait till september just like myself. These are from the select 50 forks from the pre production that have been back ordered.

Even i'm jealous!

Nicho

lobstar

Likes Dirt
God that is one sexy ass fork!
so nice to see them before september.
Will there be any differences between these and the ones in september

S.

ex offender
The fork looks aesthetically fantastic except for the stickers that say "MTB racing DH fork"... bit of French cheese there :)

sprocket

Likes Dirt
i should search for this but i'm lazy so flame me if you want...

just a couple of questions

1: retail cost of the fork?

2: spare parts? are u going to be keeping a full line of parts?

3: Service? is it user friendly to service? or do we send it back to the importer.. if so whats the turn around for the service time..

4: dirrect mount stem mounts on the crown... whats the bolt pattern suit?

5: i know these forks are new but how have the proto types been going in relation to reliability..

the only resaon i ask is that i will be replacing my forks early next year and want something a bit different... to suit the 2stage.. i was looking at something like this or waiting to see what the next gen boxxers are like...

thanks in advance to any help with these...

nicho

Sacré bleu!
i should search for this but i'm lazy so flame me if you want...

just a couple of questions

1: retail cost of the fork?

2: spare parts? are u going to be keeping a full line of parts?

3: Service? is it user friendly to service? or do we send it back to the importer.. if so whats the turn around for the service time..

4: dirrect mount stem mounts on the crown... whats the bolt pattern suit?

5: i know these forks are new but how have the proto types been going in relation to reliability..

the only resaon i ask is that i will be replacing my forks early next year and want something a bit different... to suit the 2stage.. i was looking at something like this or waiting to see what the next gen boxxers are like...

thanks in advance to any help with these...
Hey,

These are very relevant questions and i'm sure you are not the only asking yourself those questions.
Thank you for addressing them.

1. The full retail price for Idylle Pro forks is $3199

2.Yes as we are the official bos distributor for Australia we will be keeping all the spare parts necessary to service the forks and shocks.

3. We feel it is important that if a service needs to be performed it should be done properly therefore we will encourage customers to approach there local bike to get the forks to us in order for us to assess the product.
The Idylle pro is pressurized like a rear shock therefore we don't recommend any home tweaking and that would also void the 1 year warranty.

4. The direct mount pattern is exactly the same as a boxxer.

5. The Idylle pro were schedule for release last May but Bos wanted to tweak and go through a few issues they had encountered while being raced on the wolrd cup series.
Their pro rider Fabien Pedemanaud ( 9th at the world champs this year) has been testing them on the world cup circuit since the beginning of the season.

I hope that i've answered all your questions.

Let me know if yo have any further questions.
You can also refer yourself to this press release:
http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=123406

Nicho

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
Ah well,
Dylan will have to wait till september just like myself. These are from the select 50 forks from the pre production that have been back ordered.
Even i'm jealous!
Nicho
Damn!!!!
Got excited last night when I first read the release.
Could have done with these this week too.
Bert's current forks got owned big time in Italy and are stuffed.
Crowns and lowers are twisted and bent from a big off in race run.
BOS internals are ok so that should keep the spono happy at least.
Getting a new set of "Teams" as interim while we are waiting for his new Idylle's.
At least Bert's brother will score a lightly used pair of forks when the new ones come in.

Really expected one of these first two sets to be claimed by you Nicho.
Thought you could pull some more weight with the importer than that. (ha-ha) :D

S.

ex offender
The official weight is 3.750kg. I havent weighed them yet no. The forks are running nearly a litre of oil.

Nicho
3.750kg?! That's the best part of two pounds heavier than a Boxxer (even a coil Boxxer is only like 3.1kg)... is that for real? Please weigh em and see what the real weight is, that's way more than I expected.

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
3.750kg?! That's the best part of two pounds heavier than a Boxxer (even a coil Boxxer is only like 3.1kg)... is that for real? Please weigh em and see what the real weight is, that's way more than I expected.
That's some serious heft. Better feel as good as a Monster, because they're competing with them weight wise.

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Nope that s it!

Nicho