BOS STOY rear shock

Just wanted to post up here how amazing this product is, It is like nothing I have ever ridden on in my life.

After switching from the manitou revox which come standard on my M6 to the stoy it eliminated the scrubbing of the tyre on the seat i was getting off any large hits the rear end was receiving.

And a big thanks to Nicho for getting the setup pretty much spot on. Just a slight problem with the spring being a touch heavy for my riding style but had a new spring sent over night. So a big thanks to him.

I look forward to fitting my new Idyle RaRe forks next week, im sure they will be just as impressive.

It would have been a lot cheaper to put your seat up a bit.
tried that and it through my riding position out and spent more time on the ground than on the bike. and now I have a much better product than I started with.

Im guessing you have never ridden on one to know how good they are....

fairy1

Banned
tried that and it through my riding position out and spent more time on the ground than on the bike. and now I have a much better product than I started with.

Nope, can't fit one on my hardtail.and BOS is French

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

All this means is your not using all your travel. You need to move your seat foward slightly, it's not like the Stoy has some kind of magical anti seat rubbing device, unless a the french got the conversion to metric wrong and their 3.5" is more like 85mm instead of 89. M6's when fully bottomed out will rub on the seat tube slightly, there's nothing you can do about that one except chalk it up to one more of Intenses idiosyncrasis like the mating call they make when you compress the shock.

garfield84

NSWMTB
can't go past bos suspension, looking at replacing the manitou 6x swinger and fox 40's on my m3 with some bos gear later this year. nicho is great and can even sometimes organise test rides if you want to feel the insane difference before you hand over the money.:)

can't go past bos suspension, looking at replacing the manitou 6x swinger and fox 40's on my m3 with some bos gear later this year. nicho is great and can even sometimes organise test rides if you want to feel the insane difference before you hand over the money.:)
Yeah Nicho is coming up here to the gold coast to do a final tune on my bike once the forks go on.
Cannot wait.

Looking at all the troubles everyone is having with the new boxxers im so glad I cancelled my order and went for the BOS instead.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Grab the latest Dirt Mag #88 and read the review of the Makulu...Jonesy discusses the BOS SToy shock and Idylle fork. gives them 10/10 from 5 months of use...

By the way kids Nicho would like you all to refer to him as "Jean-Claude" now...

Last edited:

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well now you got some time to think about it mate...how ya feeling?

djtrazer

Likes Dirt
"M6's when fully bottomed out will rub on the seat tube slightly, there's nothing you can do about that one except chalk it up to one more of Intenses idiosyncrasis like the mating call they make when you compress the shock."

WRONG

M6 are not meant to tyre rub the seat tube ..... If your's is doing this conatct Intense and you will get warranty replacement. It means it was not set up in the welding jog properly. A mates has exactly this happen and got a brand new frame for his troubles.

Plus...BOS shock on a M6 Kills anything! I have BOS front and rear and it s a different bike....Much better

The tyre wasnt rubbing the frame it was rubbing the seat as I run it low,
Im a short ass, but it didnt matter how I set up the rear shock i was still doing it.

But for some reason its not doing it with the BOS (NOT THAT IM COMPLAINING)
But you are right its like a different bike, and I dont even have the forks on it yet.

nicho

Sacré bleu!
You guys should read the latest Dirt review on the Morewood MAKULU equipped with full bos!

Thank you for the compliments guys. It's funny but the minute you ride with the shock you know immediately the difference and how well it performs.

Hence why i go through a lot to have as many people riding it as possible.

nicho

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The tyre wasnt rubbing the frame it was rubbing the seat as I run it low,
Im a short ass, but it didnt matter how I set up the rear shock i was still doing it.

But for some reason its not doing it with the BOS (NOT THAT IM COMPLAINING)
But you are right its like a different bike, and I dont even have the forks on it yet.
I have the same problem with the DHX on my 08 v10 . Ive moved the seat all over the place and still get buzz and bottom out no mater how the shock is set up . I think the problem is that most rear shock arnt set up for some bikes leverage ratio . I could be wrong .
The dampening in the Bos sounds like it works better than most and with shocks thats key .

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My M3 and M6 both just buzzed the seat clamp on bottom out.

This is how the frames were designed(for better or worse)
If they change the dropouts or frame design slightly it wouldnt happen.

I believe Intense were offering dropouts that stopped the tyre rub.

On the M6 it would tyre buzz all the time with the Manitou revox. Even on smaller hits.

With the Boss shock it still uses all its travel, but controls it much better towards the ending of the stroke. It still buzzes the seat clamp occasionally but only on G outs.

The revox with the same spring would bottom out harshly all the time.

I find the damping and bottom out control of the Boss so much better. Its really like chalk and cheese.