BOS suspension

driftking

Wheel size expert
hey guys.

just wondering how much it would cost for a BOS STOY (rear shock)
with a 300lb ti spring in it.

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey
im not a downhiller but my brother is. im guessing alot because they only just got released in aus.:rolleyes:
cheers

nicho

Sacré bleu!
hey guys.

just wondering how much it would cost for a BOS STOY (rear shock)
with a 300lb ti spring in it.

Hey mate,

i'm just about to put out a press release with all bos pricing for forks and shocks etc...

but to shed the light for you, a stoy shock will retail for 1390 and we decide which the spring rate is appropriate as the bos shock relies less on the coil. im 84 kg and i run a 325pds.

hope this helps.

nicho

Last edited:

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate,

but to shed the light for you a stoy shock will retail for 1390
$1390 for the shock? They better be good. Will there be any cheap versions or just the one shock with different spring rates?

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
$1390 for the shock? They better be good. Will there be any cheap versions or just the one shock with different spring rates?
What do you mean "They better be good"...?

From the sounds of things, even if there was a cheap version, you'd be too young to borrow the pocket money from your parents...

:cool:

Viv92

Eats Squid
What do you mean "They better be good"...?

From the sounds of things, even if there was a cheap version, you'd be too young to borrow the pocket money from your parents...

:cool:
He sorta has a point. You'd want a shock to be good, since you can pick up a DHX for about half that. Buy T_D's review it sounds like it's worth every penny though... so long as you have the matching BoSSer fork. :p

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He sorta has a point. You'd want a shock to be good, since you can pick up a DHX for about half that.
DHX is probably the most inferior shock on the current market. I'd expect the BOS to cost twice as much.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Vivids are $460-ish from CRC last time I looked, and you could get a CCDB shipped over here under $1000. It would want to be good, as they'd be going on aftermarket, and anyone doing so would definitely be considering a Cane Creek.

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just from sitting on nicho's bike i can tell you that it is worth every penny they are sooo nice and plush

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Vivids are $460-ish from CRC last time I looked, and you could get a CCDB shipped over here under $1000. It would want to be good, as they'd be going on aftermarket, and anyone doing so would definitely be considering a Cane Creek.
when you need to service your shock and have any issues what so ever are you gonna send it back to cane creek or chain reaction cycles?

Don't forget that the price i gave you is retail through your local bike shop. with the bos warranty that we will be offering along with spare parts and assistance and as much race support as we ll be able to offer!(national races).

Now Bos not only makes shocks but they also do forks and if you ve tried a bos shock or cartridge or you're lucky enough to have tried a fork then you'll know (provided you know how suspension works) that having a balanced bike in terms of suspension is crucial and most of the time (and from the testimonial that i've had from other bos users) is that Bos shocks or cartridge will make the other end of the bike non bos suspended feel horrible!
I think the cane creek double barrel is a good product too, (i spent about an hour in taipei with their engineer Jimmy so he could explain to me the shock) don t get me wrong but when you get into performance you should expect exceptional service along with support!

Now not only bos has over 10 years of suspension experience in bikes, motocross and rallye cars and on top of that have had the bi tube type shock (a la cane creek) down pat before ohlins even started using it!

Anyway i could go on for hours about this. I have been completely brain washed by Olivier Bossard ( he is king) and in my books is the first one to even create a performance orientated downhill bike thatactually worked back in 1993!

I have a full history of bos if anyone is interested.

Nicho

P.s.:trying bos is adopting it!

Last edited by a moderator:

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Do you have a list of which shops will be stocking bos? Or is it too early for that?

Hey mate,

Basically any rouler Dealer to start with and any store that has knowledge in downhilling! We are sending the dealer packs this week. Expect big things from bos! We will have stock of the shocks before the end of April and the forks should follow by mid may!

Nicho

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
when you need to service your shock and have any issues what so ever are you gonna send it back to cane creek or chain reaction cycles?

Don't forget that the price i gave you is retail through your local bike shop. with the bos warranty that we will be offering along with spare parts and assistance and as much race support as we ll be able to offer!(national races).

Now Bos not only makes shocks but they also do forks and if you ve tried a bos shock or cartridge or you're lucky enough to have tried a fork then you'll know (provided you know how suspension works) that having a balanced bike in terms of suspension is crucial and most of the time (and from the testimonial that i've had from other bos users) is that Bos shocks or cartridge will make the other end of the bike non bos suspended feel horrible!
I think the cane creek double barrel is a good product too, (i spent about an hour in taipei with their engineer Jimmy so he could explain to me the shock) don t get me wrong but when you get into performance you should expect exceptional service along with support!

Now not only bos has over 10 years of suspension experience in bikes, motocross and rallye cars and on top of that have had the bi tube type shock (a la cane creek) down pat before ohlins even started using it!

Anyway i could go on for hours about this. I have been completely brain washed by Olivier Bossard ( he is king) and in my books is the first one to even create a performance orientated downhill bike thatactually worked back in 1993!

I have a full history of bos if anyone is interested.

Nicho

P.s.:trying bos is adopting it!
How does the Bos shock performance compare to that of the CCDB? If i swapped my CCDB for the Bos shock would i notice any improvement in rear suspension performance? :)

S.

ex offender

Twin tube shocks (eg CCDB, Vivid) aren't anything new whatsoever. Romics are twin-tubes, and they've been around forever in the automotive world. What Ohlins did with the TTX40 (the original shock that the CCDB was based on) was revolutionary in that ALL the oil was forced through independently adjustable high and low speed circuits in BOTH directions. To my knowledge, nobody else has ever done that, and I doubt BOS has either, since knowing automotive companies, it's probably covered by about twenty or thirty different patents worldwide.

Crank1979 - there are probably only a handful of people in the world who have ridden (properly) both a BOS setup and a CCDB, I don't think you're going to get an accurate/unbiased answer about that on here.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
How does the Bos shock performance compare to that of the CCDB? If i swapped my CCDB for the Bos shock would i notice any improvement in rear suspension performance? :)
Being incredibly biased here, but one of the best things I found with the BOS is that it was set up pretty much perfectly to begin with (the spring, tuned for my bike, etc.). Having had no experience with the DB, but from all accounts they're quite hard to setup. Coming from a DHX (which is a big step up from 5th elements, swingers and the Van RC's), the BOS works a lot better the rougher the trail gets- it's a massive difference.

I don't understand why people seem to raise eyebrows about the price of rear shocks- a top level fork is $2.5k (Boxxer at $2.7k, 40RC2 is closer to $3k), and a shock does the same job, in a much smaller space...

S.

ex offender
Being incredibly biased here, but one of the best things I found with the BOS is that it was set up pretty much perfectly to begin with (the spring, tuned for my bike, etc.). Having had no experience with the DB, but from all accounts they're quite hard to setup. Coming from a DHX (which is a big step up from 5th elements, swingers and the Van RC's), the BOS works a lot better the rougher the trail gets- it's a massive difference.

I don't understand why people seem to raise eyebrows about the price of rear shocks- a top level fork is $2.5k (Boxxer at $2.7k, 40RC2 is closer to $3k), and a shock does the same job, in a much smaller space...
Because buying a shock is like buying just the spring and damper from your fork, not the two stanchions, lowers, axle and crown as well.

Everything I've heard about the CCDB is that they're quite easy to set up, apparently the instruction manual CC gives you is pretty spot-on, but this is internet hearsay anyway, why bother trying to compare top of the line shocks without having ridden both of them, it's a total waste of time.