Bottle Cages with tool storage - What are the options?

Ivan

Eats Squid
Hi Burners,

I prefer to ride without a pack on short rides, so I am always looking for the best way to carry the essentials.

I have a good system worked out for carrying most things except for my multitool. I have seen that there are a few options available for combined bottle cage and tool storage, which may be a good system for me.

The ones i know of are below.... do you know of any more? If you have any negative experience with them please also let me know.

Syncros Matchbox https://www.tapatalk.com/topic/2334...ncros-matchbox-tailor-cage-mini-hv-1-5-review
matchbox-tailor-cage-1024x682.jpg

Topeak Ninja
product-ninja-series-ninja-tc-mountain-ninjatc-mountain-860eec595926711bce78ea91cb1370bb.jpg

Specialized swat cage

Zee-Cage-II-Left.jpg

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Specialized SWAT still seems to be the best, easiest solution. But expensive.

Topeak should come with a side-entry cage, dammit!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Specialized SWAT still seems to be the best, easiest solution. But expensive.

Topeak should come with a side-entry cage, dammit!
Just what I was thinking... Anthem Advanced means side entry the only option for the bottle cage.

Its a cool idea though - a short lap of Stromlo doesn't really warrant the camelbak, but its still a long walk back to the car from the top.

Ivan

Eats Squid
I too would prefer sidemount.

The Syncros above is side mount. I am not sure by how much it raises the bottle mount though.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sahmurai were the ones in bars, but they were only tyre plugs
There is one i saw a while ago that had the tools in the bb axle, but cant for the life of me find them.
Like you, i have to run a side loader, so any additional eight is a no go, as is the ninja.
Swat is nice, but lacks features (chain breaker mainly, unless you got their top cap tool )

Z

Zaf

I have one of the Topeaks, for reference, it actually pivots out to access the tool. I'll edit in a photo.

aanon

Likes Dirt
Does anyone remember the ''Beto'' water bottle that had a tool kit that screwed to the bottom of the bottle? I took the screw on bit off and zip tied it below the cage. I google imaged it but got nothing, it was around 1991.
Old crap now but worth a mention for those who have been on the trails for a while and may remember it.

redbruce

Eats Squid
Someone should invent a tool bag that goes under the back of the seat.
That's all I use. Small bag holds multitool, tube and levers.

Functional, not particularly elegant but then neither are the modified bottle cages.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Someone should invent a tool bag that goes under the back of the seat.
The problem is, 29" tubes are huge so a small bag won't do. And a bag big will hit my rear tyre when the Seatpost is down and your rear suspension compresses.

I've tried saddle bags, and saddle tool rolls.