Bottlebutt 100 & Hairy-Butt 50 - 10th September

mooze

Likes Bikes
Hey guys
We're still in need of two sweeps for the day. You get an entry to your choice of next years Husky or BottleButt, free camping in provided tent, lunch or breaky, coffee, and tshirt. If you feel like an easy chilled ride shoot me an email please at amanda at iadventure.com.au

bt100

Likes Dirt
Anyone know the condition of the trails for the 100k? it looks like they've been getting a bit of rain up there.

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
At the moment the trails in Newcastle (not too far from there) are pretty good but the forecast is not looking good for the race - upwards of 25mm of rain forecast for Friday! Seems the 100km races are cursed this year!

Rida

Likes Bikes
At the moment the trails in Newcastle (not too far from there) are pretty good but the forecast is not looking good for the race - upwards of 25mm of rain forecast for Friday!
Do the trails drain quickly after rain or does rain the day before = Mud Fest?

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
PME24_nsw_51.jpg

:( 15m - 25mm but the forecast seems to be changing a bit so hopefully it'll change for the better before the weekend

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Forecast is improving, Port is in the yellow zone on the forecast rainfall map (for Friday) now - so that's 10-15mm hopefully it keeps coming down

Boreit

Likes Dirt
is a dirtbike race going to be run out of the same venue for the botlebutt this weekend? sounds cosy if the rumour is true......

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
is a dirtbike race going to be run out of the same venue for the botlebutt this weekend? sounds cosy if the rumour is true......
:mmph: this is getting better by the minute... a mud race with dirt bikes!

hang on news just in on email - Bottlebutt is postponed!

Competitors,

Early this afternoon, I received word through the Port Macquarie Hastings Council that police consent for the Bottlebutt 100 had been cancelled.

On confirming this with the Local Police, I was informed that Regional Command had cancelled our consent to hold the event.

Obviously we are devastated by this news. We have spent a great majority of this afternoon attempting to shed some light on this situation, with little result.

We have been left with no other option but to postpone the Bottlebutt 100.

We will email all competitors again as soon as we have had time to ascertain the reason behind this decision, and hopefully with a new date for the event.

Once we announce a new date, we will offer competitors a full refund for a short period, if this is the avenue that they wish to take.

If, for any reason, we are unable to announce a new date, we will offer all competitors a full refund.

Updates regarding the impact of this announcement on the Real Insurance Series will be posted on the Cycle Nation website in due course.

Once again, we do apologise for this. This situation is beyond our control and we will not run an event without the appropriate means of ensuring a safe and enjoyable event for participants.

Regards,

The iAdventure Crew

www.iadventure.com.au
ph: 02 8005 1335
e: enquiries@blackheartevents.com.au

Last edited:

tate6969

Likes Bikes
what a bummer. if its not the rain, its the authorities!

well, i enjoyed the taper week while it lasted. back on it tomorrow to release some energy!

Boreit

Likes Dirt
remarkable coincidence.... will the police consent for the AORC rounds be cancelled also :distrust:

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
remarkable coincidence.... will the police consent for the AORC rounds be cancelled also :distrust:
Maybe police consent for the MTB event was withdrawn because police consent for the AORC event was given .... feel sorry for the organisers, bit of a kick in the guts

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Maybe someone showed them the course profile and they ruled a near 350m climb 70km in is a violation of human rights and against several international treaties.

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
There will be more details I am sure - as well as rumour etc....

A couple of observations though that seem more than coincidental...

1.The Moto race being moved at the last minute to the same venue
2. Race entries for BB being extended, and frankly left open to encourage participation
3. No start list being published
4. and most telling.....the lack of people on here (or other forums) seeming to care about it.

I am sure iAdventure and Cyclenation did everything they could, but maybe it was light on attendees, maybe the Moto race had loads (it is a round of the aussie national series) and maybe someone made a utilitarian call.

Eitherway - of course - I'm disappointed.

Just thought I would also share that the Mantra Hotel group are as close to highway bandits as you can get. Their cancellation policy is a scandal, their 'hotline' is about as hot as an ice-cube (on hold for nearl 20mins) and their phone staff are clearly underpaid as their complete ambivalence, lack of sincerity and general demeanor made me pity them rather than get more angry.
I wont be redeeming my 'credit note' for a disgracefully reduced amount, and may use it for less savoury matters when I recieve it.