Bought a comfort saddle, best thing ever.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I've kept the OE saddles on all my bikes... Fizek Aliante on the roadie, a Giant own brand on the trance. The Mongoose came with a WTB and i liked that too. Have a Charge Spoon on the Orange that id bought on wiggle once years ago on a whim as it was silly cheap - also good! I guess I just have an accommodating arse...

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
I've had all sorts of arse measuring fits done. I've used saddles from WTB, Ergon, Fabric, Fizik, Ritchie, SDG, SQ Lab and Selle Italia and a heap of others in my quest to find a suitable perch for my fussy butt. In the end I've gone back to the WTB Volt (Wide) and at last my bum is smiling.

I think too as you age, your saddle requirements will change. In my younger day there was nothing better than a Fizik Gobi XM... which today at 57 years old would terrify me of riding for more than 10 minutes.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I got measured for my roadie and as long as the saddles are wide enough for my arse I seem to do OK.
A Spesh Power Arc for my roadie, Phenom for the eeb (although maybe another Power Arc there too) and a WTB Volt on the Honzo seem to do quite nicely.

The stock Fizik on my roadie was waaay too narrow - the 155mm Phenom sorted that initially - and the Trek thing on the Fuel EXe was a torture device!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I'm on a WTB Volt wide also.

Bike came with a volt but the narrow version. It was OK, but not great. The wide is excellent (for me), I figure if I'm not thinking about my seat or arse when out riding then it must be a good seat.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I got measured for my roadie and as long as the saddles are wide enough for my arse I seem to do OK.
A Spesh Power Arc for my roadie, Phenom for the eeb (although maybe another Power Arc there too) and a WTB Volt on the Honzo seem to do quite nicely.

The stock Fizik on my roadie was waaay too narrow - the 155mm Phenom sorted that initially - and the Trek thing on the Fuel EXe was a torture device!

Now there is a task I'm sure everyone at the bike shop loves doing!

Coopz

Likes Dirt
I spose everyone is different. A road riding mate has a carbon fibre saddle that cost a fortune and has a Kleenex tissue for padding yet he goes for 5 hour rides on it.

My motorcycle had a big, plush seat but after 30m it started growing teeth so I bought a hard aftermarket seat, it's night and day better.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, right fit and no padding here too. Also old and soft these days but it's the one thing I move to new bikes and is never for sale

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Only stopped using them after destroying many pairs of Knicks on the nose.
That carbon nose could impale a bloke :oops:

I don't even wear knicks anymore, got my saddles to a good place after many years of battle and $$$, seemless Marino jocks and normal shorts for every ride, even repeat 8hr days on the Mawson last year.

I might consider pulling them out of retirement for another Simpson, or at least take them with me JIC.