Boxxer Maxle question.

castillo

Likes Dirt
Hey guys.
I went for a ride this morning and while I was taking the Glory apart to get it in the car, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to take the front wheel off. Bearing in mind I am mildly retarded and last time I had a MTB there was no such thing as a through-axle, can someone please tell me how the fuck I take the front wheel off?
I managed to get the bolt undone, and slid the skewer out, but when I was doing it back up, the 3 grub screws inside all stripped out. Awesome. The wheel still holds in place nice and tight, what did these 3 screws do, and is it alright to ride for a while?
Thanks in advance.
Ps, fuck all this new technology.

Nic951

Squid
one side screw the thread into the other side of the forks then the other side will push the skewer into the hole on the other side making it unable for your allen key to get in so u undo the the left side i think until the skewer is out enough for your allen key to go in on the opposite side and undo that end and it unscrews it and u can pull it out.

flyracing

Likes Dirt
You need to undo the alan key bolt and the skewer should come out. then you need to get a 10mm alan key and pop it in (forgot which side) until it fits then undo it.

If you only striped the skewer part it will be alright to ride for a while just do the outer Axle part up super tight. you will have to buy a whole new Maxle which will cost you around $60. But if I were you I would buy a Maxle 360, its the quick release version and its just as strong as a bolt up Maxle.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dont worry, you can strip them pretty easy so its easy to get replacement kits.
As said before, unscrew the side you can unscrew, pull the skewer out. Take out the nuggety allan key shaped thing, stick that in the other side to undo the maxle.