boxxer races busted

rangdaddy

Likes Bikes
i hit the road gap at long gully hit the first and second step down smooth and the step up smooth then the little road gap and i landed it smmoth then i feal as if my front suspenion stop working and slamed on the brakes and look down and see a very bad site i just broke my boxxers :mad: and to add salt to the wound it was the last pratice run on sunday and my race was about to start :mad::mad: and i was just wondering has any body done the same as me?? :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes that gap thing is rather F'd. It is so hard to maintain speed around the corner.
What year were the boxxers?

My mate recently snapped his 06 boxxers.
From 06 downwards the lowers had a weak spot in them. In 07 they improved the design so now i shouldnt happen.

Cheers

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
I saw and checked out your Boxxers myself at Long Gully... Your lowers are the old ones which have a weak spot in them (where yours snapped).. It look's like you landed a bit off skew and they have snapped.. All I can say is maybe get new lower's 07->, or buy new fork's.

molzy13

Likes Dirt
fuzz thats a nasty looking snap

i hit the road gap at long gully hit the first and second step down smooth and the step up smooth then the little road gap and i landed it smmoth then i feal as if my front suspenion stop working and slamed on the brakes and look down and see a very bad site i just broke my boxxers :mad: and to add salt to the wound it was the last pratice run on sunday and my race was about to start :mad::mad: and i was just wondering has any body done the same as me?? :mad::mad::mad:
warranty???

Last edited:

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats why i use 40's. they're big, they're beefy and they look heaps sicker than those puny little oil leaking boxxer things. boxxers arent a real mans fork get some marzocchis or 40s and youll be sweet:D the world cups are nice though the races are just crap hahaha

rangdaddy

Likes Bikes
forks

sorry boys and girls there 05 but they were on an 04 stinky i got mixed :D but i hadn't done much downhill on them my self 5 races last year and just one this year but i got the bike second hand so I'm not sure what the previous owner did with them so yeah

DunCon

Likes Dirt
i new the previous owner and i no he took care of his bikes very well this is clearly a manufacture defult not them being thrashed as the bike was rideen by a kid who weighs about 45 kg .

maybe you are just a hack rider

rangdaddy

Likes Bikes
forks

as if there are those hacks rider and then there is those flow riders and i am neither i am that sort of rider who just trys to gap ever thing and i took good care of them and had them regualy serviced

juzz

Likes Dirt
Sorry to hear, but they broke they are old, decent gap, move on and buy some new ones. The rock shock guys tried to do what they could at the time I saw. move on..

S.

ex offender
as if there are those hacks rider and then there is those flow riders and i am neither i am that sort of rider who just trys to gap ever thing and i took good care of them and had them regualy serviced
Mate your posts are frigging hard to read. Please put some more effort into your spelling, grammar and general typography.

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no there is no warranty and there 04 forks and iam am going to put some 40 on my next bike:D
i snapped mine in pretty much exactly the same place,
check it out

^^^as you can see from my tyre fork oil went everywere!!^^^

^^^bit of an arty shot of them without stickers^^^

now

Im Rocking th 66!!!!

YEAH!

Attachments