Boxxer world cups air problem

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Mates asked me to post up. He's got 2012 world cups, says they don't extend out to full travel (regardless of air pressure) about 10-15%. With sag, he's sitting on half travel and thredbo statey is coming up. I can service forks but haven't done an air spring yet. Another mate said it could be the seal between the + - chambers or something along those lines.

I'm sure there's a thread already but looking for quick basic replies and somewhere I can link him to.

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like either too much air in the negative air chamber, or he has a vacuum in his lowers. I'd be googling fixes for both those issues for that fork

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Sounds like either too much air in the negative air chamber, or he has a vacuum in his lowers. I'd be googling fixes for both those issues for that fork
Correct, just get the service manual its piss to do the service, you will know the issue straight away when you try pull the lowers off....

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Happy to give em a standard service. Oil etc, just haven't serviced an air fork yet, ill get him to buy air service kit if he wants. Just replacing seals right? Will try and give it a go anyway if hes keen