Brakes for DJ bike?

BizL

Likes Dirt
Hey gang,
I'm looking for a new set of brakes for my DJ bike.
I want a full set, front and back, I'll be running the front brake line through the head tube with a gravity cap.
Any advise please?

Cheers

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shimano Deore.

Best bang for buck. Used to run f/r XT, but that was overkill. Just a rear Deore is all you need.

BizL

Likes Dirt
Ordered some deore's.

It had some shitty avid Juicey's on it so it should be a good upgrade.

Last edited:

BizL

Likes Dirt
A bit of advise but...?
I'm going to put a front on, but the Rockshox Argyle fork will need an adaptor to fit?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Like the duck says...adapters are usually good across brakes. You may need a tiny shim or 2 to get everything balanced out sweeeeeeeeeet, but most likely to just bolt straight on. Its worked for me plenty of times.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ahhhhhhh....sometimes you can attach the brake directly without an adapter. Try it and if it works happy days. If not...then yeah buy and adapter that matches your rotor. "Post" I think it the type you need.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No worries. The adapter you linked to probably won't work - side mounted. Most forks don't mount that way anymore. 160mm would prob the "factory" size for your fork. If not you lbs might stock a suitable number. I have used various jet black adapters for various brakes over the years and they aren't expensive. Most jet black stockists are well stocked....usually.