brakes time

robbyloveday

Likes Dirt
guys i have searched and cant find what im after.
I am building on a morphine frame for DH and was wondering the nicest cheepest brakes.
DW has a set of front and rear dice whiplash brakes for 230 bukaroo's and thought that was awesome so leaning towards them.
Hayes sole arent very good.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Those Dice are sounding good at the moment for ya' (For what you want anyways).

I think they are going to be the best/cheapest decent hydro's around at the moment.

I'd go them.

-Drew

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
robbyloveday said:
guys i have searched and cant find what im after.
I am building on a morphine frame for DH and was wondering the nicest cheepest brakes.
DW has a set of front and rear dice whiplash brakes for 230 bukaroo's and thought that was awesome so leaning towards them.
Hayes sole arent very good.

I would try and pick up some second hand Deore Hydro's. Usually there are a lot of sets floating around, and people often sell them new and unused on these forums for around $300, so they ar only a tad more expensive than the dices for a MUCH better, more trouble free system.

Caine

Likes Dirt
agreed Deore are nice set of hydros i run them on my bike and havnt had any problems...

tnankie

Likes Dirt
brakes and helmets, two items you cant spend too much on. I'd try and find some cheap good brakes rather than some cheap brakes.

floody

Wheel size expert
The dice hydro brakes are quite good value, they are cheap, but they are also quite functional.
The only issue I've had from mine is "pump up" on really long descents with a lot of braking - lever feel briefly becomes really hard and braking power is reduced a bit. However this is pretty rare, I'd say they're as good as deores.

tnankie

Likes Dirt
yeah I would get them over any other option so far. Kerry is fantastic to deal with, he will price match anything in Oz and seems to go so close to OS i generally dont bother with the shipping hassles (provided he has the stuff)

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just for something different, Navigator 6 pots with the new alloy levers.
They arent expensive and LOADS of power. I've been using them for about two years and no issues at all. The pads last for ages aswell, I've only just put on a second set, even after constant use.