Brakes

scissors

Likes Bikes
Has anyone heard about Diatech brakes? Are they any good? Shouold I bother trying them or just buy juicy 5's?

bunya djer n dher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmmmm iv'e seen the diatech brakes on torpedo 7. but i havent seen or used them in real life.

but i still say go juicy 5's :) they are a really good brake!

ps: if you have a bit of money left over buy some straitline levers for them :D

ryno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i would take the diatech's, they are double piston and they are alot cheaper than a set of juicy 5's.

Renegade

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The diatech's actually peform really well. A couple of mtb mags did reviews on them and they are said to be a well peformance consistant reliable brake.. so instead of blowing a whole lot of cash on some juicy's try out the diatechs

stabbsy

Likes Dirt
I got mine from the bike shed mortdale, and apart from taking a bit of time to bed in they are great brakes, i have 8 inch rotors, and i have seen one of my mates fly over the bars because he braked too hard, so no lack of power. you cant go wrong for the money

Cuthbert

Likes Dirt
I've had a set of diatechs for a while now (4 yrs +). They are a great brake for the price and in my experience have lasted well without any major issues. Something to watch though is the lever adjest grub screw is made of rather soft metal and has the tendency to round out.

They are a powerful brake but they do lack modulation. If you're after a brake with a solid lever feel and snappy response or are on a budget they would be perfect. However, if really like a brake with good modulation you'd probably be best looking elsewhere...

dirtdigler2

Likes Bikes
Looking at the rather small photo of said brakes on T7 the Diatecks look the same as the Dice brand in design they may be a generic brand just changing the logo if they are the same I have a set which I payed $180 for and they have been on three bikes I have owned now residing on my sons old Specialized Hardrock which i now use to ride to work and they are really quite good brakes for the price , the levers do not have the best feel and the grub screw is soft but they are still going strong after two years.

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Has anyone heard about Diatech brakes? Are they any good? Shouold I bother trying them or just buy juicy 5's?
I reckon, if you havnt heard of the brand of brakes being a good brake or havnt even heard of em in the first place. Especially if you have been around the sport for a long time you should go with the Juicy's cos then you know your not gonna waste any money and Juicy's are pretty sweet brakes anyways. If anything i would go hayes or shimano though lol. Go the Juicy's.
Cheers