Bright Camping Suggestions (anymore bright ideas...) #cokeonspecialtwodollars

I'm planning a trip up to Bright (Vic) in the new year for some riding, never been up there before and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for bike friendly camping suggestions. I've hit up the google and there seems to be a few camp grounds, just wanted to see if anyone could endorse any of them specifically, perhaps for friendly staff, clean facilities, proximity to trails / pubs, bike ball pits etc.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Not going to be a huge help as have not actually stayed in any but live nearby so here goes.
Bright Cabin & Caravan park is the closest to Mystic bike park, a bit out of the way and also called Camp Krusty. Fairly basic but super close to the trails.
NRMA Bright Holiday Park is massive and right in the middle of town and on the creek. Depending on the time of year people have regular bookings ongoing for years to be in the prime spot.
Similar thing for the Big 4 right in the middle of town on the ovens river, either of these two are the most popular options. Everything in Bright is pretty bike friendly these days as the bike tourism market is booming.
Then you can go to Porepunkah under 10 min drive to Bright but a couple of parks right on the river and a little bit quieter but around the peak times still mental.
Hopefully that gives you a little insight, hopefully someone who actually uses the camp grounds can add further info.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
+1 to what Switch wrote - we stayed at the NRMA caravan park for the Melbourne Cup weekend, was perfect. Very clean park though I reckon they could do with one or two more camp kitchens if I was to be super picky. But right in the centre of town... a short walk to the pub and the MTB trail runs out the back of the park along the creek, past the BMX track and straight to Mystic... takes all of 5 minutes to traverse and is a really nice warm up.

teK--

Eats Squid
The Bright Riverside caravan and camping Park is good. Right across the river from the Bright Brewery too. Can get powered sites they have tap water and showers toilets.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Porpunkah is cheaper, and only a 1/2 hour ride, 15 minute drive to Mystic. Porpunkah Bridge caravan park is tops if you're tenting it, tent sites are right on the Ovens, River View on the way to Buffalo is tops too, river front cabins on the Buckland.

Basically anywhere in the area is going to be bike friendly, the Ovens Valley lifestyle pretty much revolves around cycling.

Pro tip, basically any pine plantation in the area will have trails, you don't need to hit the official stuff.

Thanks everyone for your wisdoms, there is a wealth of information there for me to work with and explore for my trip! much appreciated. :)

Porpunkah is cheaper, and only a 1/2 hour ride, 15 minute drive to Mystic. Porpunkah Bridge caravan park is tops if you're tenting it, tent sites are right on the Ovens, River View on the way to Buffalo is tops too, river front cabins on the Buckland.

Basically anywhere in the area is going to be bike friendly, the Ovens Valley lifestyle pretty much revolves around cycling.

Pro tip, basically any pine plantation in the area will have trails, you don't need to hit the official stuff.
Thanks for that tip about the pineys, I haven't been lost in a pine forrest in too long!!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Just spent a few nights camping at Bright Freeburgh. Neat and clean, dog friendly. 10 mins drive to Mystic mountain. Bit busy, but guess everywhere is at the moment.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just spent a few nights camping at Bright Freeburgh. Neat and clean, dog friendly. 10 mins drive to Mystic mountain. Bit busy, but guess everywhere is at the moment.
Me too, was there over the Christmas 4 days. I found it a very nice place and seemed quiet to me. Seemed bugger all people around. Was expecting madness over this period.
I stayed in a cabin, but seemed there was bugger all campers around, with plenty of prime spots right on the river available.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Me too, was there over the Christmas 4 days. I found it a very nice place and seemed quiet to me. Seemed bugger all people around. Was expecting madness over this period.
I stayed in a cabin, but seemed there was bugger all campers around, with plenty of prime spots right on the river available.
Seems to be, all the phuctards head beachwards this time 'o year.

Bonus.