Brisbane CBD Ride - Thursday 25th March

Warped

Likes Bikes
unlucky yet lucky dude... all i remember is hearing one mother of a creak then it was all over.... that snapping sound is the scarriest sound ever!!!!

Luke S.

Cannon Fodder
well my bike was done with by the time everyone was at the con stairs but we drove the truck over from the city and met up with everyone again.

Kyean (emerin called him no helmet guy earlier) was the only person that hit up the gap at the con, he was too lazy to lift his super 8 out of the ute so he did it on the Intense Tazer that al was riding, not a bad effort on a 4 and a half inch travel bike!

Yeah about how old the crack must of been in that frame, both al and I looked over that frame really closely, when I first got it. Before it was powedercoated I couldn't put my new toy down... it must have been a really really small fracture.

But yeah as you said MadMatt I think al might be able to do me a really good deal on a NEW (i.e not second hand !!) v10. Good luck breaking that! And al had it all sused out early on friday morning for me. I won't say much more cos I don't know all the details, but I will say is al (and santa cruz) is really looking after me. So considering how crap it is that I don't have a bike at the moment and my knee it still twice it's normal size I really couldn't be happier with the whole situation. I just have to find some money... it will be worth it. The only thing is I will have no excuse for being slow!

Brent

Likes Bikes
Well Lukes bike wasn’t the only thing to break on thursday

While we were at the infamous 3 stair gap I was attempting to rear hop and as I sat down heard what I thought was a rip in my shorts. Had a feel to see if it was but couldn’t feel a hole so i thought it was just them rubbing against the seat.

But on closer inspection when I got home I found I’d put a hole in the back :(

But i don’t think ill be able to get warrantee :(

MadMatt

The MiniMan
yeah , Kyean is nutso ,,,top fella tho...& i think the intense was timmys,,,Al was on it this morning at Cootha with us,,,oops,,,now i`m gonna get Al in trouble with Timmy :)

& Luke,,,just don`t powder coat your bikes from now on,,,the powder coating can mask any small craks as it`s plastic coating & it will stretch & contract & not show up the crack underneath,,,,it also sweats & causes corrosion underneath which you also can`t see cause it`s under the plastic.

i won`t powder coat anything, seen it crap things up too many times.

heaps of my mini customers allways go on & on about powder coating shit cause it looks so nice, but when i tell em what happens they wake up & just paint the shit...i`d rather just look over my bike from time to time & actually "see" a crack starting, than have that shit happen to me.

:)

Emerin

Likes Dirt
Well at least something good has come out of this frame snapping, pant ripping ride! We all know that powder coating is evil. But just a quicky, i won't be organising a ride for this week as i won't be able to be there myself. I'm too busy and working all week. So it's up to you boys! And i'd like to add that it's typical now that i've got my bike back that i can't ride... :x