Brisbane DH Scene

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,

I bought Jillian Duncan's book the other day and it seems there are a whole lot more DH tracks around then when I was riding ~8 years ago. I'm considering getting a DH bike now but thought I'd ask on here if there's much of a scene happening? A lot of guys were getting out of it back in the day as a lot of tracks were getting shut down and the closest place to ride was Beerburrum or the little track at Mt Gravatt. What's the go now? If I get a bike, is there enough races so I can race once a month etc? Are many people doing shuttles every weekend?

Dugga

Likes Bikes
Yea man the scene is brisbane is pretty dead, unless people are building there own tracks. The mt gravatt track got closed down, apparently there is a $500 find for riding it, I'm thinking about going for a ride there to see how bad it is, and I used to go to another place at Ipswich called castle hill, but the downhill side of the mountain is closed because someone bought the land........

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you're on the northside then there's Clear Mtn but other than that it's a bit of travel to get to beerburrum unless you know people with their own tracks or if clubs have open days but even then it's usually a hour or so out of brisbane.

caffleck

Cannon Fodder
New to brisbane

hey im new to brisbane, just moved up from Byron Bay area, is there many DH tracks around brisbane? or anyone go riding that i could tag a along with? i have a little rodeo ute so, ive got transport and keen for shuttles where possible??

shiznik

Banned
I'm not aware of much of a strong 'scene' or any clubs that do regular shuttles. Just need to get a few people together with a 4WD and a decent shuttle suitable track.

I'm not sure about any tracks in Brisbane that are legal and you could shuttle. They must be out there though?

There are a few Illegal tracks around but they are all big pushes and liable for demolition.

:noidea:

morticus

Likes Dirt
Im in Bris for a week over Easter so if you do hear of any, i'm keen for some shuttles, im sure the fun police will be enjoying their public holidays... Otherwise i'm hoping to get a couple days in at the Outlook. Have a dual cab ute if anyone else wants to do the drive down with me.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone keen to shuttle beerburrum over the next couple of days? Never been there before
I'm thinking of heading out there sometime on friday. Was only planning on doing some push runs by myself but happy to meet up with other riders if you're keen.

DirtDiggler

Likes Bikes
The Brisbane scene is pretty quiet, and travelling outside of Brisso is a bit of a must really. Everything seems extra quiet at the moment due to the excessive rain on and after Straya Day.

Gravity MTB Club run shuttle days at Kenilworth
DRCC occasionally have shuttle days at Mt Joyce
Gold Coast MTB run shuttle days at Illinbah
Downhill From Here I think will probably have a track somewhere again soon

There's also a couple of places that are private property.

Towards the end of last year there seemed to be a ride day on somewhere within about a 2hr radius of the CBD nearly every 2nd or 3rd weekend. I suspect the major issue at the moment is wet shuttle roads, many of which are 4WD only even when dry.

My wife and cracked it about 3 week ago and flew to Thredbo for a weekend to escape the rain and get some time on the DH bikes.

We are always looking for people to shuttle with...we're not an I'm Faster Than You kind of group, so if you're in it for a laugh then shoot me a message.

kosz888

Likes Dirt
Ill be at outlook tomorrow morning, push runs only though.
If anyone comes along please make sure you enter the track from the bottom and not the top. Shuttles at outlook have stoped recently. Cheers.

spartan_s

Likes Dirt
The scene out in ipswich/western brisbane is getting revived a lot. there is a new DH track being made on private land in the brisbane valley near laidley. a group of guys out here regularly ride dh most weekend in various places, from their facebook they all went to toowoombah the weekend just been.
3 of the staff/riders i know of from the north ipswich bike hub race the state and national DH races and they seem to be out a lot. The FTR and ashgrove cycles guys are always around pushing the scene