Broken Boxxer rebound

anthonyma

Likes Dirt
I've got a set of 04 Boxxer Teams which has a problem with the rebound damper rod. The adjuster won't turn, and the plastic (yes, plastic, and flimsy at that) part that takes all the load at topout has cracked.

Now, according to the spare parts catalog these parts aren't available individually, but only as an entire assembly, which I am sure will cost "too much".

So, does anyone have any great ideas as to how to repair these 2 problems? Alternatively, any other ideas for how to work around the issue? Please don't suggest a Mojo cart, as I am already aware of this option, but want to consider any other avenues that might exist also.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
anthonyma said:
I've got a set of 04 Boxxer Teams which has a problem with the rebound damper rod. The adjuster won't turn, and the plastic (yes, plastic, and flimsy at that) part that takes all the load at topout has cracked.

Now, according to the spare parts catalog these parts aren't available individually, but only as an entire assembly, which I am sure will cost "too much".

So, does anyone have any great ideas as to how to repair these 2 problems? Alternatively, any other ideas for how to work around the issue? Please don't suggest a Mojo cart, as I am already aware of this option, but want to consider any other avenues that might exist also.
Not sure what part you are talking about, but why don't you get gripsport to make one out of aluminum for you???

toodles

Wheel size expert
If you can't afford a Mojo kit, you could chuck up an ad in the "wanted to buy" section for the rebound assembly. I'm sure there's a few folks around that have Mojo'ed their Boxxers and have the old damping assemblies floating around.

GoingDHfast

Likes Dirt
anthonyma said:
The adjuster won't turn, and the plastic (yes, plastic, and flimsy at that)
Perhaps you should be looking at buying some 888's instead? :D *Runs and hides*

j/k - good luck with the fix mate, RS have been using shitty plastic parts for years in inappropriate spots so you're not the first to feel the pain.

anthonyma

Likes Dirt
GoingDHfast said:
Perhaps you should be looking at buying some 888's instead? :D *Runs and hides*
Yeah, but I have the Boxxers. They are on my wife's bike, and she would like to keep the Boxxers. I guess I might end up putting the 03 Super T I have hanging up in the bathroom on if I can't fix this cheaply. Pity, I was eyeing that off for myself.

Hopper

Likes Dirt
You have a Super T hanging up in your bathroom! Lucky bastard just having bike parts hanging around the shitter......