Broken wrist

shore_2

Likes Dirt
I recently broke my wrist amongst other injuries during a recent jumping session gone wrong.
I today recieved the news news that my pisiform bone is not healing properly and will have to be removed.
I am a bit anxious about this operation because bones are there for a reason, right??? and they want to take it out.
If you turn your palm up facing you then feel from your little finger down towards your wrist you will come to a lump this from my understanding is the pisiform bone that i will be getting removed.
I am not sure how i will go back on the bike because it seems to me that this bone will be needed to rest on the bars when riding.
Has anyone else been through this? Any advice?

Atomikryder

Likes Dirt
:D :eek: take many anesetics (sp?)to numb the pain before each ride the only down side you will probly pass out hit a tree anddie but hey if you die at least your doing something you love.:eek: :D

P.S I was hoping for some pics of a mangled wrist

tonas

Likes Dirt
Broken wrists can be difficult to repair. I fractured the scaphoid bone in my wrist several years back now and it never fully mended. The only advice I can provide is make sure you allow sufficent time for the healing process. Sure way to have recurring troubles with an injury is to abuse it before its ready.

Andy.