Brookfield

MadMatt

The MiniMan
GravityGuru, thanks & yeah it`s definately a good change from my past form of flats on last few race runs. My rear shock (5th) has allways been a bit of a joke, solid like a hard tail & ping ping ping all the way down for the last few years, so 2 weeks ago I bought a new shock (fox DHX3) (Thanks Toodles) :) & i now have that stuff called suspension that everyone seems to rave about :) & it seems to have helped quite a bit.

& can i just add a big props to both Tims (FTR Tim ... & Tim Man-Man) awsome rides guys, very fast indeed, well done & so good to watch.

DH_DEVIL

Likes Dirt
well well well...

was a bloody terrific race.... the atmosphere was great

i was with those so called 'idiots'......and i loved every minute of it:D

its people like them that we need more of....... i would pay to watch them!

all in alll a great day... unlucky about the hurt rider and hope he heals well

also..... has anyone found my spine yet?

Jaanos

Likes Dirt
So who won etc? 2wheel still hasnt got any results up. I was busy being lame with a hang over........

There was a bunch of morons up in the forest jumping out in front of riders, deliberately trying to make them crash by scaring them. This kind of behaviour is just not on. Fuckwits, all of em.

Brisneyland......... unless someone threw a bottle at you or put something on the track in front of you then harden up eh! Have you ever seen or experienced the craziness that is the side of a WC downhill track? Rows of people screaming, hanging all over the track, out of trees, flash photography, air horns, mega phones, cow bells...... at the new zealand worlds there was a full on group of hippies with bongo's, big ass bass drums, symbols and shit! Just going off for every rider! Nearly everyone was off their heads making as much noise as possible! That is what it’s all about! It was totally sweet! If you don't have the focus to concentrate on the track and what your doing maybe you should look into tennis, or golf or something where they hold up the 'quite please' sign before play! Personally I thrive on the atmosphere and the last time I raced at Brookfield; you could hear the cheers from the start gate and it was one of the best QLD races I can remember!

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i thought the poeple jumping out behind the log was hilarious, i nearly started laughing as i went by.

was a great race but for such a short shuttle they were pretty slow.

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
last time I raced at Brookfield; you could hear the cheers from the start gate and it was one of the best QLD races I can remember!
Was the same this year :D We were trying to time how long since the riders left until the "oooooh" from the bottom section so we could figure out who had f*cked up

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh that was cool at the top of the hill you could hear the air horns and the crowd. There was a huge crowd right next to the jump it got my really physced up in the air.

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Declan were you the marshall at the rocky section near the top? Just after the whoops and drops?

CAM

Likes Dirt
far out, nearly every race now you people have a winge about the spectators keeping everybody from falling asleep up the hill, we are over it. I find it interesting there is never many complaints coming from the A grade or 19's category. Im thinking cos those guys are generally worried about their riding and having a good time instead of looking off to the side for excuses for crap riding. If you dont like how downhill is in qld, then dont come, we didnt ask you.

lrumb1

Likes Dirt
shortest raceday ever

yeh, was good race day for me until about 10:30 when i nose cased the A-Line jump landing on my head. there was no medical tent that i know of and was driven to marter hospital with suspected neck injurys. had to where neck brace (THE MOST UNCOMFTABLE THING EVER STRAPED TO ME) for a few hours. thankfully no damage done just a bet front rim.

next time i injure myself i'd like to have access to some sort of medical help please.

Thanks

Treebs

Squid
LOL I nearly jumped of my bike when I was coming around the corner and those guys jumped up but I couldn't help but have a laugh. Great day, great track, good sausages in bread, good organisation.
Can't complain about anything.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
far out, nearly every race now you people have a winge about the spectators keeping everybody from falling asleep up the hill, we are over it. I find it interesting there is never many complaints coming from the A grade or 19's category. Im thinking cos those guys are generally worried about their riding and having a good time instead of looking off to the side for excuses for crap riding. If you dont like how downhill is in qld, then dont come, we didnt ask you.
word, cam. word.

Qld DH racing is about a number of things:

- alcohol
- nudity
- noise
- fun

and least of all, the racing. :p

if you can't cope with a bit of noise and some bare asses, you're not concentrating on your riding enough. man the f*ck up.

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Declan were you the marshall at the rocky section near the top? Just after the whoops and drops?
yeah he was the marshall at the rock garden
None of that at your xc races is there declan? lol
nah matt! one time when jesus and mates came out to the mt crosby race ahhaha good times

word, cam. word.

Qld DH racing is about a number of things:

- alcohol
- nudity
- noise
- fun

and least of all, the racing. :p

if you can't cope with a bit of noise and some bare asses, you're not concentrating on your riding enough. man the f*ck up.
i agree there! leitch is there anything you cant resolve?

Hank.

yes yes ya'll
pussy.

im going to stumble onto the track, spue and then hit jaanos in the head with a JD bottle. only then will i pull my pants up.