Brosnan On BlackBox???

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
Just having a look at some of the photos of la bresse and noticed that Troy Brosnan was running Blackbox parts? No doubt he deserves to be running their stuff, But I was just curious as to when he got hooked up with them, as mid season seems like a random time for this sort of buisness?
Check it out for yourself
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/6968177/

Last edited:

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just having a look at some of the photos of la bresse and noticed that Troy Brosnan was running Blackbox parts? No doubt he deserves to be running their stuff, But I was just curious as to when he got hooked up with them, as mid season seems like a random time for this sort of buisness?
What photos were you looking at? Ones on pinkbike? Just I didn't notice them but I wasn't really paying attention.

It's not all that odd though to hook up mid-season. Mark Beaumont was hooked up with his blackbox stuff just before Windham and the world champs last year after he won Val di Sole.

downhill401783

Likes Dirt
hes not on blackbox just yet, he just got the new staunchions as like a reward, but he will soon be running full blackbox gear apparently.

murphnat

Likes Dirt
i also noticed that Rat Boy now has a hookup with them. I think this is only new from a couple of rounds ago. No doubt that he is showing signs of potential so its a good move on SRAMs part.

Got to look after the young guns!

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a hunch that the new boxxer coating isn't blackbox only now.

Too many riders seem to be running it, blackbox has always been more exclusive.
I'd just say its an upgrade for his racing, not specifically blackbox.

In saying that, TB will no doubt be on the program soon. Huge amount of talent and potential.

needaride

Likes Dirt
alot of the blackbox gear seems to be becoming production now anyway... descendant and XO cranks, XO DH derailluer.. just leaves the black boxs brakes and fork stanchions??? Are the blackbox brakes just juiced up codes calipers on XO levers?

alot of the blackbox gear seems to be becoming production now anyway... descendant and XO cranks, XO DH derailluer.. just leaves the black boxs brakes and fork stanchions??? Are the blackbox brakes just juiced up codes calipers on XO levers?
Thats the whole idea. For them to prototype better products with the riders, get feedback, and then put it on the shelf one their happy with it.

needaride

Likes Dirt
Thats the whole idea. For them to prototype better products with the riders, get feedback, and then put it on the shelf one their happy with it.
yeah i get that but i guess thats what im saying about troy etc.. being on blackbox now, it may not seem that they are full blackbox riders cos alot of the components that were blackbox last season are now labelled and on the open market.

EDIT: i was responding to this post...

"I have a hunch that the new boxxer coating isn't blackbox only now.

Too many riders seem to be running it, blackbox has always been more exclusive.
I'd just say its an upgrade for his racing, not specifically blackbox.

In saying that, TB will no doubt be on the program soon. Huge amount of talent and potential."

Last edited:

B.utters

Likes Dirt
They're not Blackbox forks.

One of the slide shows on Vital had a picture of Troy getting the new uppers with a bit of audio. In the audio Troy says that he's just getting new DLC coated stanchions, there are no changes to the internals of the fork that Blackbox riders get.