Building a freeride track

Kammy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what sort of area is best for building a freeride track have some idea but want to get your opinion

probably not worth it unless your really set on making something quality,
alot of hard work in building

if your up for it though go for it

Kammy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it would be good if we raced but no we jsut want an area where we can build ns and rock gardens jumps drops and have fun not a bloody race track

mustard

Likes Dirt
mtb dirt said:
it would be good if we raced but no we jsut want an area where we can build ns and rock gardens jumps drops and have fun not a bloody race track
l agreed but it would be good tho

d-man

junior

get out of my grill
D-man said:
mtb dirt said:
l agreed but it would be good tho

d-man
im not saying u should race but can u buils sterdy north shore?? is it gonna be worth it or is it gonna be like 2 ft off the ground?

and who told you race tracks dont have drops or rock gardens :roll:

Kammy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no one but we are not as good as you so the stuff we do which we think is challenging wont be for you thats all im not paying u out or anything

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
there's no point making it easy (ie suited for you now). The idea is to make it so its near impossible for you to ride now, so you progress onto it. Ideally the area should be steep and rocky, but with a decent run out. When you start building it you need it to flow otherwise it will be a POS, and the faster it is the nicer it will feel. If you build northshore you need the appropriate rocks - do NOT build onto existing trees as it will be knocked down as soon as it is seen. Make sure that wooden structures are built well (using new wood, not old bits) and bolted together nicely (make sure it is bolted into rocks etc).

junior

get out of my grill
mtb dirt said:
i have realsied since but where do you get the wood and bolts etc to make it
probally from a hardwear store :idea: wood........wat are trees made of

Kammy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah but if the council see u cut down trees they go :twisted: and ape
and if you are buying it from the hardware store wat do you look for

samuel t

Likes Dirt
mtb dirt said:
yeah but if the council see u cut down trees they go :twisted: and ape
and if you are buying it from the hardware store wat do you look for

its called wood and nails and screws dont waste your meney i can get u heaps of wood for free if uour mum or some 1 ca pik it up

samuel t

Likes Dirt
mtb dirt said:
where from and i like to have a sturdy structure not a rickity heap of rubbish
its not like u will ride it any way u can get 20+ pallets from the good guys the ns is sturdy

Kammy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i dont care about the ns at the marina im making my own track with ns and drops and thats that and besides the ns on the freeride in castle cove was so dodgy and i want it sturdy and good even if it means spending a few $

samuel t

Likes Dirt
mtb dirt said:
i dont care about the ns at the marina im making my own track with ns and drops and thats that and besides the ns on the freeride in castle cove was so dodgy and i want it sturdy and good even if it means spending a few $

it was not finished yet and we needed more wood also where do u think u can build your track