Building berms

Patrick88

Likes Bikes
i make the basic shape and the curvature with rocks and logs etc. and then i just pack on the dirt. we have a very high clay content so the switch back i made went rock solid. dirt, compact, dirt compact and soo on

spicer_spicer

Likes Bikes
we just dug out and packed the dirt around some branches etc, doesnt work so well, though it doesnt work so well cause of crappy dirt/sand, gonna keep tryin though, anyone have any ideas?

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
technoboy said:
the more you dig out of the bottom the faster it will be because its more like a curved wallride:)
here's one i built...
that has to be one of the sickest berms i have ever seen

Rampage Ripper

Likes Dirt
when you make berms, at the end of the berm keep it going straight with the track ahead for about a metre or so to make sure you can keep railing longer and it makes it heaps easier to get off the berm instead of coming round a corner and then realising that the berm ends before you are straightened up with the track again

try to get the berm as vert as possible at the top for berms that you will rail

if you find that you cant go fast around the berm, build it higher and higher until you can rail it

S turn berms are pretty good too if youve got enough dirt

hope this helped :)

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hope this helped :)
I'm sure he has been waiting for 2 years for that reply, now he can finally start to build berms properly with your great input, albeit a little late.

FFS, look at the dates bro'. You sure had to dig deep to uncover that one... :rolleyes:

kholden_1992

Likes Dirt
definately dig them into the ground,
puddles pfft you should be ridding the wall of the berm not the bottom...

I recon build your berm first then once you have packed it all down stand on the top and then start digging out the base...
throw all the dirt from the base on the berm when you are happy wet her down then re shape it then your away...
the more you dig out of the bottom the faster it will be because its more like a curved wallride:)
here's one i built...
thats sick!!!!

Jimass

Eats Squid
In the trail work at vancover thread theres some picks of a berm that looks like it will last for ever.