buller and forrest: trail conditions

gadget1

Likes Dirt
Hi,

Was thinking of heading up to Buller on Monday but snow and high winds forecast. Does anyone know of current trail conditions at Buller and Forrest, or if either are likely to be too wet after forecast rain of 50mm or so. don't want to go stuffing up any trails.

Happy to just ride the Yaugher side of Forrest if wet. How does that hold up after rain?

thanks
d

Perry®

Likes Bikes
Rode forest 4 weeks ago, managed to ride the whole network. A number of trails had a lot of water over them on the lower sections at Yaugher, a couple of the Southern trails were rutted and muddy. Quite a few trees down as well at both sections. Would imagine we need a couple of dry weeks for thing's to dry out. In saying that it's still good riding!

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
The Yaugher trails hold up pretty well, actually amazingly well, to the rain. :D
Road southern trails today and they are dry and fine. Wet on week-end will fill the puddles but not cause any problems,

Rode Yaugher Tuesday, drying out as well so it would take a lot of rain to cause concern, you'll just have some muddy patches to deal with.

PLUS - the new brewery / cafe is open from today. A great place to drop in and talk bikes with the owner, Matt, or some of the staff who also ride

Roland

martinpb

Likes Dirt
Road southern trails today and they are dry and fine. Wet on week-end will fill the puddles but not cause any problems,

Rode Yaugher Tuesday, drying out as well so it would take a lot of rain to cause concern, you'll just have some muddy patches to deal with.

PLUS - the new brewery / cafe is open from today. A great place to drop in and talk bikes with the owner, Matt, or some of the staff who also ride

Roland
Beer, beer, beer, beer; beer, beer, beer, beer;
Coooofffffffeeeeeeee
Beer, beer, beer, beer; beer, beer, beer, beer...

SB

Likes Dirt
Stopped in for a pot of Red Duck Pale on the way home yesterday, not bad, would have had a few if not for the drive.
Brewery looks great and will be a great way to wash dust from the chops post ride.
A real beer after each ride, I just found my motivation to train more..

peej

Squid
Mmmm beer, easy to be distracted....was thinking of heading to Forrest for a ride today/tomorrow (depending how long the leave pass is for !) maybe a blast on 4, 5 & 6 then onto a marriners loop at Yaugher. Is anyone able to report on the state of the trails after all this rain ?

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Mmmm beer, easy to be distracted....was thinking of heading to Forrest for a ride today/tomorrow (depending how long the leave pass is for !) maybe a blast on 4, 5 & 6 then onto a marriners loop at Yaugher. Is anyone able to report on the state of the trails after all this rain ?
WET, WET, WET

Sorry other than that the puddles will be full of water again, but the trails were fine up until Thursday so you should be O.k.

Just be careful on 6, no work done there over winter

Roland

peej

Squid
well I went down to Forrest this morning and was rewarded as usual. I took Rolands advice and took track 6 real easy as it was slippery in some sections. Although the trail has held up really well. Actually number 4 was worse than with some decent ruts and puddles.

i also stopped for a beer afterwards and had a good chat to Matt & the brewery about brewing & trail maintenance (or lack there of unfortunately...) He has done a really nice job & I can't wait to sample some of his beer once it is all up & running.

SB

Likes Dirt
The dog and I went for a quick lap around Yaugher this arvo and it rode like mid winter, loose and fun!!
Stopped in for a quick Doppel Bock at the Brewery, very nice and a great reward for a cold and wet ride..
Found some riding gear and a camelbak at the trail head if anyone knows of the owner they can contact the brewery.