Bullying - again

Arete

Likes Dirt
77 - my point was your application of social darwinisim bears no relation to the scientific study of evolution. If you want to apply evolutionary scenarios to economics, you'd be wise to actually study evolution a bit more.

The entire continent of Africa would suggest that charities are ineffectual at preventing civil unrest, high crime rates and the creation of a stable socioeconomic climate which is good for making money in.

nskz

Likes Dirt
next time you want some (engineering right?) help i'll be sure to chip in. after all, engineers know more about economics than econ honors students it seems. i cam only assume the reverse must be true.
I don't know, for someone with purportedly no formal education on the subject I reckon S. is giving an 'honors econ student' a run for his money. He's got you smoked when it comes to application of the english language anyway :cool:

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
I don't know, for someone with purportedly no formal education on the subject I reckon S. is giving an 'honors econ student' a run for his money. He's got you smoked when it comes to application of the english language anyway :cool:
then you too don't know what you are talking about :) i respect the guy, he seems to be quite bright. he's just mistaken. not his fault - keynesian/mainstream economics is almost entirely wrong.

77 - my point was your application of social darwinisim bears no relation to the scientific study of evolution. If you want to apply evolutionary scenarios to economics, you'd be wise to actually study evolution a bit more.

The entire continent of Africa would suggest that charities are ineffectual at preventing civil unrest, high crime rates and the creation of a stable socioeconomic climate which is good for making money in.
fair enough. might look into it further. although you seem to know quite a bit about it, wouldn't mind shooting me a quick paragraph or two would you?

as far as africa goes, not YET. just because it hasn't occurred YET does not mean it will not and cannot occur. it just means that currently, better profits can be made elsewhere and people don't really care enough about africa (or the donated money is being squandered). sad but true.

HOWEVER. here's some food for thought. http://www.businessspectator.com.au...re-to-hit-Australias-trade-FDA7B?OpenDocument

Last edited:

Xplor

Likes Dirt
ANOTHER BULLY GETS SMASHED!

This is the month of BULLIES EATING IT!

[video=youtube;NLNG1Cnz9TA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLNG1Cnz9TA[/video]

Knopey

Likes Dirt
That video is shit and sickening. There's nothing noble or good about anything that happens there. Do not glorify this stuff.

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
ANOTHER BULLY GETS SMASHED!

This is the month of BULLIES EATING IT!

[video=youtube;NLNG1Cnz9TA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLNG1Cnz9TA[/video]
That video is shit and sickening. There's nothing noble or good about anything that happens there. Do not glorify this stuff.
are you kidding? i would have smashed that wanker in about 1/10th the time it took that guy to do it. i'm amazed he put up with him for as long as he did.

i wouldn't have just punched him either.

Arete

Likes Dirt
fair enough. might look into it further. although you seem to know quite a bit about it, wouldn't mind shooting me a quick paragraph or two would you?
While there's no possible way to outline the bulk of evolutionary theory in any sort of meaningful way in a paragraph, at a fundamental level, what you are doing is taking a desired outcome (market forces/economics/amassing wealth equates to natural selection) and trying to fit a theory to it rather than starting with a hypothesis and testing it under the framework of a previously developed theory.

Evolutionary advantages are directly and explicitly correlated with increased reproductive output. While the hypothesis of wealth = selective advantage is a logically reasonable test hypothesis, a simple comparison of population growth rates and GDP's contradicts the idea as it shows that on a global scale reproductive output is negatively correlated with wealth. While this doesn't rule out the role of evolutionary drivers in the human instinct to become wealthy, it does mean that the system is far more complex than market forces = natural selection.

Due to the large number of selective strategies and scales of selection in concert with the dynamic nature of environmental parameters, there's often more than one successful strategy and the most obvious is often not the best or even advantageous at all. E.g. say mate selection in monkeys is based on being the biggest, suggesting being bigger = better, however being the biggest might make you a target for predators and unable to climb trees to get food, so the most obvious evolutionary strategy is actually a poor one.

In the present example it simply means that becoming the richest may not necessarily be the most successful evolutionary strategy and you can't necessarily justify the detrimental effects of certain economic behavior on other individuals/populations by calling it natural selection.

Joy

Likes Dirt
I watched a few episodes of this show in the states called Bully Beatdown. Pretty hilarious!

[video=youtube;c8_uhaByoBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8_uhaByoBs[/video]

Bermshot

Banned
The net stoped me from giving my opinion which is prob for the best. Either your not aware or your not ready. So be it.

And NO I am not a fucking bot; serve your self on your own judgement.

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
The net stoped me from giving my opinion which is prob for the best. Either your not aware or your not ready. So be it.

And NO I am not a fucking bot; serve your self on your own judgement.
If you were a Bot Bermshot, wouldn't you be programmed to think you weren't?

I must have missed some of the excitement while I was away; who accused you of being a Bot and why?