AM BumbleBee INTENSE Carbine 275 2014

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Without sounding like an absolute internet weirdo creep douchebag that drools over women in his parents basement - honestly, your girlfriend is beautiful - hope you treat her well.
haha ...Yes she is beautiful and she is a great chick as well...so deserves to be treated well...thanks for your comments tho :)

cammas

Seamstress
Would have to say that's the first bike that I've seen in a while that made me go "fuck yeah" that is one very sweet ride.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
new shock!

Couldnt get on with the CTD shock so I got one of these...much happier now!!

Carbine with Monarch Plus.jpg

have changed the tyres, bike now weighs 12.3kgs with pedals

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
Absolutely stunning..... Both your rides lol

I reckon you can hit 11's with a few bits and bobs (cassette, carbon cranks, ti bolts) just for bragging rights.... Not that you struggle to now :thumb:

MB

Intense Australia
Couldnt get on with the CTD shock so I got one of these...much happier now!!

have changed the tyres, bike now weighs 12.3kgs with pedals
Surely the best looking Carbine in Australia! Vital MTB bike of the day winner gets my vote for sure... Love the new shock, you must be stoked on the new found performance you're getting.. Not saying the Fox is bad, but that Monarch is a great upgrade. Awesome weight too for a very capable AM rig, 12.3 kg is great for a bike that you can do pretty much anything on!

Congrats.

Absolutely stunning..... Both your rides lol

I reckon you can hit 11's with a few bits and bobs (cassette, carbon cranks, ti bolts) just for bragging rights.... Not that you struggle to now :thumb:
I had mine at 11.9kg, this was with XX1, CCDB, ENVE AM's and light tyres - so 11's is easily possible on one of these bikes. I've seen one weigh 11.3. Bragging rights? The bumble bee slays all comers, this thing wins hands down!

Last edited:

Quintin

Eats Squid
I had mine at 11.9kg, this was with XX1, CCDB, ENVE AM's and light tyres - so 11's is easily possible on one of these bikes. I've seen one weigh 11.3. Bragging rights? The bumble bee slays all comers, this thing wins hands down!
i know you rep intense but that is a pretty wild claim. to get this bike under 12kg you would have to sacrifice important things like rim width and tyre choice and probably use a static seatpost which in my case are non negotiable. i have chosen the lighter end of the scale re parts (noted not THE lightest) on my carbine and its 12.7kg. i could save maybe 100g on tyre choice, maybe 100g on lighter cranks and 100g on the post but i reckon the next 400g would be almost impossible while retaining the bikes burly/capable nature.

Last edited:

SOTTA

Likes Dirt
i know you rep intense but that is a pretty wild claim. to get this bike under 12kg you would have to sacrifice important things like rim width and tyre choice and probably use a static seatpost which in my case are non negotiable. i have chosen the lighter end of the scale re parts (noted not THE lightest) on my carbine and its 12.7kg. i could save maybe 100g on tyre choice, maybe 100g on lighter cranks and 100g on the post but i reckon the next 400g would be almost impossible while retaining the bikes burly/capable nature.
I know a guy who has one at 12.1kg with XX1 and Stans wheels. It takes money but he could shave a few hundred grams off without sacrificing the things we all want/need.