Bush mechanics, we know yer all bodgy!!!

MrPlow

TMBC
Any good stories od photos of home or trail fix jobs, post em here!
The bodgier the better :lol:
My 381's shot the top plastic fork cap out (along with elastomers) and hit me in the cheek!! (just missed my eye, lucky) Chipped my cheek bone and massive bruising. Perhaps they aren,t made for 6' drops :roll:
Fixed them though :wink: couldn't find elastomer stack, so went to motor bike wreckers and got some valve springs for $2.00! Now what to plug it with :sees broomstick: that will do, hit broomstick in with hammer to "preload" to desirable setting and walla

I know this looks really bodgy, but it got me and my bro by, and is only used for light riding, nothing hardcore! Still bodgy though :lol: :lol:

wombat

Lives in a hole
I've done the usual trashed wheel repair, have a mate stand on the frame while you jump on the wheel until it's straight enough to get you home etc.

stewyg

Likes Bikes
yay, theres a photo of my bike on farkin! hehehe. stuffing tires with grass, thats another way to get home.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
While over in england using my uncles pos giant dually this thing is similar to a warp ds1, any way hit a 5ft to tranny, bb went out on me and had no way to get back, piece of rope was found and as i broke it i had to tow! it all the way back with my mates little bro on the bike!!!
shit the hills never agian but now i can get up hills much better. :)

MrPlow

TMBC
No chance of that :wink: I slotted (hacksaw cut) the top 12mm of the stainchon tube so when the top triple clamp is tightened, it squeezes the broomstick! Also belted the crap out of the broomstick to get it in there, then chopped it off flush :lol:
Oh and I aryldited the other plastic top in the other side 8)

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Havent done much bush mechanic type stuff....however i did attach my shimano flightdeck stopwatch to the handlebars with a rather ghetto loking mess of cable-ties, hydro hose guide things and other kinda junk within arms reach....until i later found a reflector bracket - then i hacked the ugly mess off :)

rockyash

Likes Dirt
Half way through a 11km mountain ride my mate's chain snapped so we got 2 rocks that we found in the valley and bashed the link back together. A large rock to sit the link on and another to bash it with. It held up for about 1km then broke again, so we bodgied it again and she stayed good the rest of the way. We couldn't believe it stayed together.
Also, the bolt on my XTR brake lever has stripped the inside of the lever, so it is held on by a hose clamp. Bodgy but it does the job...

Weasel

Likes Dirt
I snapped one end of my handlebar off after a bad drop and to bodge it i got a pice of PVC piping i found at a construction site annaped a bit off slotted it over the break and gaffered the shit outta it and hey it worked

I was broke so i rode it that way for a month

MrPlow

TMBC
Weasel said:
I snapped one end of my handlebar off after a bad drop and to bodge it i got a pice of PVC piping i found at a construction site annaped a bit off slotted it over the break and gaffered the shit outta it and hey it worked

I was broke so i rode it that way for a month
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the club Weasel! U R bodgy! :wink:

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Im not bodgy

Just a tight ass...
Notice that even the tape and PVC pipe came from some place else.

Its an art form being a stinge.

atxjohn

Likes Bikes
i once made a chain guide out of raidator hose clamps :D was pretty noisy and didn't really work that well ither :S

belly_up

Likes Dirt
This is my dodgy effort from the weekend, to fit dom's armour caliper, designed for a 6in rotor, onto my 8in Hope rotor. Good thing i have 16mm alu plate just lying around at home...
also note the hardware store quality "high tensile" bolts.

ride_hard199

Likes Dirt
a while ago before me and my friends knew anything about mountain bikes my friend decided to borrow his brother downhill bike and come for a ride with us.
we went riding for about two and a half hours and this kid got a flat tyre on his brother downhill bike so he decided instead of calling his parents or walking home he would simply take the tyre and tube off the wheel and ride home (it was a very noisy ride home riding on the rim) when he got home he was greated by his brother who went physco . the rim he was riding on was a Intense Mag 30. hahahahahahhahahaha which his brother had apparently got the week before

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ride_hard199 said:
a while ago before me and my friends knew anything about mountain bikes my friend decided to borrow his brother downhill bike and come for a ride with us.
we went riding for about two and a half hours and this kid got a flat tyre on his brother downhill bike so he decided instead of calling his parents or walking home he would simply take the tyre and tube off the wheel and ride home (it was a very noisy ride home riding on the rim) when he got home he was greated by his brother who went physco . the rim he was riding on was a Intense Mag 30. hahahahahahhahahaha which his brother had apparently got the week before
i find it hard to beleive that neone would be dumb enough to ride a bike home on the bare rim