Buxton... is it open?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Got today off, and are headed up to Mansfield to meet some friends for the weekend.

Thought we could ride Buxton, if it’s open, on the way up.

There are trails apparently too at Mansfield, not a lot though.

And Buller is not far away either, but have never ridden there, so not sure if we can do much there, without shuttles. Happy to shuttle if they are operating.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Buxton is open until the 11th of June so get some laps in there and then head over to warburton.

EZZA 84

Likes Bikes
Not sure if there's any MTB specific tracks but around Lake Eildon in Goughs Bay there's plenty of single track stuff that would be fun on a MTB which I've seen while out riding my dirtbike out that way.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure if there's any MTB specific tracks but around Lake Eildon in Goughs Bay there's plenty of single track stuff that would be fun on a MTB which I've seen while out riding my dirtbike out that way.
Bit of a thread hijack, but where abouts? I head up to Gough's Bay every year with the family and never even thought about looking around for trails? Normally I just head up to Buller for a day...

EZZA 84

Likes Bikes
Bit of a thread hijack, but where abouts? I head up to Gough's Bay every year with the family and never even thought about looking around for trails? Normally I just head up to Buller for a day...
It's hard to say exactly where as I haven't been there for years and I don't lead on the rides but we normally camp around Taylors Camping Ground and head up in the hills behind that. On a dirtbike we'll easily cover 80km of hard/technical riding in a day.
I think a lot of it cuts in and out of Highett Ridge Track...