Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Anyone bought anything from Wiggle or CRC lately? When back about 5 pages but couldn't see anything.

Not willing to do the 1 month wait plus the obligatory Auspost lottery.
Yep! I ordered some stuff on the 7th and it arrived on the 11th of Feb.
Edit: to regional Vic

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
12 days in Frankfurt and counting. I wonder if opening of international borders will improve transit time in the coming months.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Anyone bought anything from Wiggle or CRC lately? When back about 5 pages but couldn't see anything.

Not willing to do the 1 month wait plus the obligatory Auspost lottery.
CRC order..small parts and a dropper post,
door to door in 5 days

Last edited:

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
After 42 days I can finally wave the virtual stick at DHL....where is my damn fork???

It's remarkably unsatisfying waving this virtual stick I have to say.....I just want my fork :( hurry up and wait continues..

jrewing

Eats Squid
Got screwed by ShockCraft in NZ, needed my damper back by this Friday for Nationals but no bueno.
Payed in December to book ahead. Got to them 20th Jan after they opened back. The damper sat there for a week before being touched. Told it needs a bladder…so I told them before IT NEEDED a bladder. Sat for a few more days waiting. Now fill out tuning info chart( did that at the beginning) Now Completed. Ready on a Thursday and I payed express shipping that day. Emailed to say it’ll leave Tuesday now as it’s public holiday on a Monday..it leaves Wednesday by small courier to fedex. Gets rejected multiple times trying to get to fedex. Told by ShockCraft they’ll make sure it gets to fedex. Anyhoo it hasn’t.. doh. Look for a 180mm 29 Mezzer equipped Aurum Mullet if anyones down there…. If it turns up from NSDynamics by Friday!!!!!

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
I've found anything from Germany seems to take at least 3 weeks. This one from USA (via Fedex) seems to be killing it.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Cinci-fucking-nnati??!

DHL from CRC:

View attachment 386356
Not uncommon, my last set of Uberbike pads toured through there.

I've found anything from Germany seems to take at least 3 weeks. This one from USA (via Fedex) seems to be killing it. View attachment 386360
Sorry to break it to you, but now they've made it to Matraville, yaw fooked. Had two packages in separate weeks from NZ through FedEx, both hit Matraville, disappeared for two week, then reappeared with Auspost stickers on them.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Not uncommon, my last set of Uberbike pads toured through there.

Sorry to break it to you, but now they've made it to Matraville, yaw fooked. Had two packages in separate weeks from NZ through FedEx, both hit Matraville, disappeared for two week, then reappeared with Auspost stickers on them.
Copy..yeah thought things might slow up at this end. Will see how they go with the expected due date. Aliexpress pretty slow too (even before CNY), unless coming out of Singapore, but you get what you pay for there.

zooks

Likes Dirt
For those that have ordered items over $1k AUD from Wiggle/CRC. Once it arrives in AUS, do we need to pay extra?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
If it includes duties wouldn’t that mean you’re covered?
Yeah, looks like it’s all included but would hate to order and be hit with a bill. I would get it in writing so I could go back to them if needed.