Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Only geo blocked brands now. Shimano
Well what would you know... 1 package arrived today, the 1L bottle of Shimano mineral oil, posted internally. All the rest still in transit from the UK.

Last edited:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
What's postage usually like from Bikeinn? I haven't used them before. I'm looking at a few small items (snow gear- not bike) not in a hurry but need it before January.

smiffy

Likes Bikes
What's postage usually like from Bikeinn? I haven't used them before. I'm looking at a few small items (snow gear- not bike) not in a hurry but need it before January.
A few weeks to a month. My last package took a week to get packed and sent off. Pretty sure customs open them as it comes from Spain.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Caveat, tools not parts.
Bought Knipex pliers from Amazon UK and Germany (best prices for each size were two different seller) on 4 Sept. Arrived today 12 Sept.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Knowing Bike24 delivery to Australia was 2-4 isn't making me any less impatient. Waiting for it to get out of Frankfurt IPZ purgatory. Took my time choosing what I wanted and placing the order but now I'm too eager to get it.

ozzybmx

Knowing Bike24 delivery to Australia was 2-4 isn't making me any less impatient. Waiting for it to get out of Frankfurt IPZ purgatory. Took my time choosing what I wanted and placing the order but now I'm too eager to get it.
Keep placing orders, Bike24, R2, BikeComp etc... the more packages you jam in the front of Frankies hanger, the quicker yours gets pushed out the back and onto the plane.

We tried it here before, it works.

coin push.gif

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
by aramex. CRC have definitely become a little random with their updates.
Ordered a dropper on the 5th got here yesterday, no updates from CRC but if you went to your account at CRC and clicked on the order and clicked on the Aramex tracking, you could see the updates on their website once you translate them from Arabic....

Seems like a good system :)

Not complaining mind you they actually delivered to my door rather than the normal drop off at the post office

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Ordered a dropper on the 5th got here yesterday, no updates from CRC but if you went to your account at CRC and clicked on the order and clicked on the Aramex tracking, you could see the updates on their website once you translate them from Arabic....

Seems like a good system :)

Not complaining mind you they actually delivered to my door rather than the normal drop off at the post office
I gave this a go to try and ascertain where my wheel was....I reckon it's lost and they have no idea :(

kten

Got an update today, my wheel has arrived in Sydney. Now the real Aramex comes into play, it will be another week at least.
CRC contacted Aramex for me and they have until 29/9 to respond.....not great.

But in other news my Vikkela frame landed in Sydney!!

And literally two minuted later the status changed to RETURN TO SENDER!! WTF! Straight onto Auspost who say that the box is oversize and they are shipping it back...nothing I can do. The chunts can't even tell me the supposed dimensions of the box :mad: I know my Pole is big but it ain't that big!

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CRC contacted Aramex for me and they have until 29/9 to respond.....not great.

But in other news my Vikkela frame landed in Sydney!!

And literally two minuted later the status changed to RETURN TO SENDER!! WTF! Straight onto Auspost who say that the box is oversize and they are shipping it back...nothing I can do. The chunts can't even tell me the supposed dimensions of the box :mad: I know my Pole is big but it ain't that big!
Holy hell, the Vikkela is a monster of a thing

ozzybmx

straight onto Auspost who say that the box is oversize and they are shipping it back...nothing I can do.
WTF ! So it can be sent internationally then arrives here and the sooks have look at it and deem it too big for delivery.
Tell them to hold it and get it picked up by courier or fly down and get it.

kten

WTF ! So it can be sent internationally then arrives here and the sooks have look at it and deem it too big for delivery.
Tell them to hold it and get it picked up by courier or fly down and get it.
I had a 3min window from when it arrived to when it went back thru customs and cleared for departure apparently. Something stinks for sure. This was to be built for my Maydena trip in a few weeks but it’s not looking likely. Must be the reason the Titan hasn’t sold yet!

ozzybmx

Pushys, prompt shipping and prompt delivery by AusPost. 5 days :cool:

I didn't really need the grease but running low in the tub and couldn't buy the big tub so got a tube.

$17 UDH's :p Hopefully gone are the days of $50 proprietary hangers.

PXL_20230919_102023854 (1).jpg

ozzybmx

I had a 3min window from when it arrived to when it went back thru customs and cleared for departure apparently. Something stinks for sure. This was to be built for my Maydena trip in a few weeks but it’s not looking likely. Must be the reason the Titan hasn’t sold yet!
Thats bullshit, how can a package arrive from Finland (at a guess?) and not give the receiver an option to collect. Fucking numpties... bring back Christine Cartier-Holgate :rolleyes:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I think technically AusPost has a 1m size cap, but it's almost never enforced in reality. Certainly be a shitty reason to send it back when it travelled half way around the world to get here...

kten

The maximum length is 105cm but for international they work on a 'girth' calculation (if I was immature, had the time and thought it would achieve something I would get creative and pen a lengthy go nowhere email confirming the girth calculations of my Pole but alas I feel it would be a flop).

This is from the Auspost website..

The formula for working out the girth of your overseas parcel is: (width + height) x 2 = girth.
When measuring dimensions, the longest side of the parcel is considered the length. Ie, the two shortest sides are used to calculate girth.
For example: a parcel with dimensions 10cm, 105cm and 20cm
= (10cm + 20cm) x 2
= 30cm x 2
= 60cm girth. Within girth limit
Or for a parcel with dimensions 40cm, 35cm and 100cm
= (40cm + 35cm) x 2
= 75cm x 2
= 150cm girth. Exceeds girth limit