buying first enduro

ohhhhh

Cannon Fodder
g'day just want a bit of advice on buying an enduro. Ive been riding downhill and xc for years now and have decided it's time for something between the two. I would describe my ridding style as aggressive but still pretty smooth. I want a solid rig that will take all the punishment and handle well but still be able to pedal up the hills. Im looking for a bike with good reliable spec and preferably 27.5.

I don't really want to be spending anything over $6000

cheers in advance

Macca333

Likes Dirt
What size are you after? I am selling my Intense tracer T275C in a medium, not brand new but it is only 9 months old, rides great and retails for over $9000 with current build. PM if you are interested.

Yeti Dan

Likes Dirt
Haha Macca, I'm following suite with my own plug.

Sb66c Small 26 build. Top spec. Jared Graves brought it to fame. Enough said.

will2

Likes Dirt
The Ex-Graves SB66c. Full race kit, highest spec everywhere. Carbon wheels. The lot.

Not mine, but that's what I'd buy.

jawry

Likes Dirt
Don't overlook the simple is best idea - Santa Cruz Heckler.

Climbs like a goat, bombs the DH and has a long pedigree.

Fuck all maintenance and strong as an ox.

Anodized black looks gorgeous as well.

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
If you want to save a little bit of cash, have a look at the Kona Process 153/ 153 dl. Its not as fancy as other bikes but I'm loving mine so far, and yet to meet anyone that doesn't like it. It climbs astoundingly well, so much so that I rarely have to use the 'climb switch' on the rear shock. As for downhill, my last all-mountain bike was a 2011 specialized endure, the Process is just as capable. Its not carbon, doesn't have some fancy adjustable geometry, but it doesn't need it. Its just a great bike.

Koper25

Likes Dirt
If you want to save a little bit of cash, have a look at the Kona Process 153/ 153 dl. Its not as fancy as other bikes but I'm loving mine so far, and yet to meet anyone that doesn't like it. It climbs astoundingly well, so much so that I rarely have to use the 'climb switch' on the rear shock. As for downhill, my last all-mountain bike was a 2011 specialized endure, the Process is just as capable. Its not carbon, doesn't have some fancy adjustable geometry, but it doesn't need it. Its just a great bike.
+1 for this. Efficient enough for a spin around Lysterfield and capable enough to ride trails like Warby (RIP) when the DH bike was out of action.

DJR

Likes Dirt
2 of my mates picked up Giant Reign Advanced Teams (carbon, pikes, etc ) 2015 models for mid $5k pricing. Steal if you can find one of them around!

Last edited:

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
I had a 13 Rocky Mountain Slayer 70, great ride with DH like capability and reasonable climber considering the weight and nearly 7" travel. I'm riding a Rocky Mountain Element 70 now and whilst it climbs significantly better, the Slayer wins by far on the downs (my DH bike was left unloved).
Like anything, depends on what you like riding in terms of AM?

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a 13 Rocky Mountain Slayer 70, great ride with DH like capability and reasonable climber considering the weight and nearly 7" travel. I'm riding a Rocky Mountain Element 70 now and whilst it climbs significantly better, the Slayer wins by far on the downs (my DH bike was left unloved).
Like anything, depends on what you like riding in terms of AM?
Plus 1 for the Slayer. Killer bike. What happened to yours?

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
The biggest issue with the slayer was just the cramped cockpit on a 17.5. Riding it all day at YY and Buller etc left my back totally munted. I should have got the next size up in hindsight. Will definitely be the next bike I purchase if I decide to do the AM thing again but as previous, the Element is holding its own at the moment with some mods quite well. Viva la Slayer!!!!