Buying Specialized Tires in Australia?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I know that this has been covered before, but the information I'm finding is a bit out of date. Is there anywhere in Australia that sells/stocks Specialized Butcher and Purgatory AM tires? I can't seem to find them anywhere and don't think that you can buy them directly off Spesh's website. I've found one obscure site in the UK who are doing them for $50 apiece, but it's a shonky website and I'm not sure I trust it.

Alternatively, what would be a tire that would compare with a tubeless Butcher for weight and performance? I've used many tires, but have been well impressed with the Butcher/Purgatory combo.

Aaron547

Likes Dirt
Have bought Purgatory and Clutch Controls from my local Specialized dealer. I believe they are not distributed online, and are only available through Specialized dealers.

Absolutely epic range of tyres by the way!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
a lot of dealers probably wont have them in stock.
but you are in Melbourne. so if you ordered on Monday, you would have them before the end of the week.
if you Pm me where about in Melbourne you are, i might be able to direct you to the nearest dealer, or into the specialized dealer i work in.

mxracer92

Likes Dirt
i think i found the dodgey uk seller u talking about , sadly , put into shopping basket and they dont post to here ( or us canada ) only europe

specialized have strict rules with online selling , even interstate purchases within aust.

basically if u cant walk in , pay and walk out . u gotta pay the price ur local shop sells em for .

ps i like the purg/capt/butcher combos too !! i wont buy anything else

redbruce

Eats Squid
I know that this has been covered before, but the information I'm finding is a bit out of date. Is there anywhere in Australia that sells/stocks Specialized Butcher and Purgatory AM tires? I can't seem to find them anywhere and don't think that you can buy them directly off Spesh's website. I've found one obscure site in the UK who are doing them for $50 apiece, but it's a shonky website and I'm not sure I trust it.

Alternatively, what would be a tire that would compare with a tubeless Butcher for weight and performance? I've used many tires, but have been well impressed with the Butcher/Purgatory combo.
Trailmix at Lysty usually have them. Might pay to ring first to check.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Trailmix at Lysty usually have them. Might pay to ring first to check.
Trailmix are ordering a Butcher for me for $60 which is a great price. No luck on the Purgatory, it seems that Spesh don't have any left. Thinking of trying Controls front and rear - has anyone tried that? I've run DHF Minions front and rear on a DH bike and that works great, and Butchers seem to have a very similar tread pattern.

skidmarx

Likes Bikes
I know the bloke who runs the specialized dealer here in mackay has a heap of am specialized tyres in stock

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Old thread I know but just went into our local spec store to buy a 29 butcher control. Seems they aren't available? Or maybe none in Aus? Anyone else bought a 29 butcher? Was going this over maybe a Hans damf due to the price and a mate has the 26" version and they seem great.