Cairns Riding Facilities??

indica

Serial flasher
yeah get them drunk so they can buy that stab deluxe thats been sitting there for like 6months.
If it is a second hand one ... It is mine, deposit paid!

Alec, if you go to Barron Falls lookout, then keep going ... I'm pretty sure you can get there that way .... I found it on the net, on some walking track site.
Worlds 96 .... I made it past the bridge that went over and under, all the way up the fire road until I was back in the forest agin, seriously big trees up there.

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah get them drunk so they can buy that stab deluxe thats been sitting there for like 6months.
my friend wants 2 get that although he has 2 sell his bighit first
tmorr150, enlighten me as to who you are please

dont worry ben your bike is tucked away safely ;)

tmorr150

Likes Bikes
im the guy that came in on friday morning looking for helmets.
I also have come 2 look at bikes.
I asked about 2nd hand bikes and u showed me that norco shore 1 that kahn was selling.

btw the drunk comment was only a joke.

glen

MV Australia
NQ DH's

Here are a bunch of DH's, which have been raced or ridden lots, over the years, they grow over, get closed, ripped apart by cylcones or get rebuilt.
To make the list, the tracks must have been ridden a ton of times for over a year, so there are many more that have been used, but too small to mention.
Most are and were illegal and some gone off the map completely, but all have been ridden, with a total of 64 on the original list within 1 hour of Cairns. The challenge was to ride them all in one year. A combination of sorts with push-ups, shuttle, boat and helicopter. Only a few remain in full riding order, but all are still there.

KURANDA
WADDLEBLA LEFT
WADDLEBLA RIGHT
STINKY PENGUIN
94 MINJIN WC
MINJIN
WORLDS
CLOUDIES
SADDLE MOUNTAIN
CLIFTON TANKS
CLIFTON NORTH
PIANO HOUSE
BOI BOI
BOI BOI NORTH
BADABADOO
ROBSONS
SLIPPERIES
GADGARRA
MAIL TRACK
KEARNIES
COPPERLODE BLUFF
TRINITY SOUTH
STINGERS
STUBBIES
RED BLUFF
BUMP
TOMMIES
TOMMY PALMS (PALMERS)
AGENT ORANGE
10-10
CRYSTALS
LAMBS HEAD
WHITE ROCK
BADDLE BOI
YARRABAH TOWER
CATERPILLERS
BUNGY
ROCKY DINGO
VINES
BLOOD AND BONES
HO CHI MIN
WYNDIN FALLS
BLACK MOUNTAIN
LUMLEYS
BLACK SNAKE
MT PETER
PYRAMID
RUSTY’S
MERINO’S
MERINO’S SOUTH
CITY VIEW BLUFF
GILLIES SPUR
ELLIS RIDGE
REX
MT LEWIS
GLACIER ROCK
CLOHESY SPUR
BLUE ARROW
SKYRAIL SOUTH
MACDONNALDS
BARRON SPUR
FITZROY

poppa_johns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats quite a list ive only heard of like 8 or 9 of the tracks listed and i live in port.. must be alot of hidden tracks

tmorr150

Likes Bikes
dude wheres parmas its not on the list. i know its small and easy but its fun and and quick to get 2

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey as you can see there are tonnes of places to ride. Also how old are you? I love your stp pro, are you going to bring that up when you come.
Adam

Free-AgentBMX

Likes Dirt
:eek: Holy shit glen, i didnt realise that there were so many places to ride in Cairns, i thought ive been to most of the place in Cairns, obviously not :p

Cam

indica

Serial flasher
Here are a bunch of DH's,
Shit hey ... didn't see more than 10 of them when I was up there ... Yarrabah?
Thought there must have been something over there, Blue Arrow? that would have been fun.

Doing the RRR this year Glen? I did it on my Stinky , geez that bump track was fun.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here are a bunch of DH's, which have been raced or ridden lots, over the years, they grow over, get closed, ripped apart by cylcones or get rebuilt.
To make the list, the tracks must have been ridden a ton of times for over a year, so there are many more that have been used, but too small to mention.
Most are and were illegal and some gone off the map completely, but all have been ridden, with a total of 64 on the original list within 1 hour of Cairns. The challenge was to ride them all in one year. A combination of sorts with push-ups, shuttle, boat and helicopter. Only a few remain in full riding order, but all are still there.
Haha, stoked on being able to say I've ridden, know of or can figure out where alot of those tracks are :D

But I've been told half of this list of yours is just tracks you dreamt you made, but never really did, Glen :p

spongebob

Likes Dirt
Anyone interested in a 'Friends of Cairns DH' network - pm me. Maybe we can get more organised with trail maintainance, knowledge sharing, code of conduct, etc.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im heading to Cairns on Wednesday and am looking to hit some of the local spots. Im happy to do push up runs and my mum could possibly shuttle a couple of people if we bring the bike carrier. Anyone wanna hook up for a ride? Marinos is probably the first place I'd go because I've heard so much about the jumps and stuff there.

indica

Serial flasher
Im heading to Cairns on Wednesday and am looking to hit some of the local spots. Im happy to do push up runs and my mum could possibly shuttle a couple of people if we bring the bike carrier. Anyone wanna hook up for a ride? Marinos is probably the first place I'd go because I've heard so much about the jumps and stuff there.
Do Robsons if it is still open .... best ride I have ever had.

poppa_johns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you racing the townsville race on the 13th?